Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mixed feelings

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Mixed feelings

I have mixed feelings about this man and although he made strides towards peace he left a trail of tears behind him. I lost a good friend in that Birmingham pub bombing and by the grace of God I was not there that night, so like others I cannot forgive.

Will history be kind to Martin McGuinness? I for one hope not. 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
17 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Mixed feelings

There are many "world leaders" who started off as "terrorists".. that became "great and good" in the end...

think ... South Africa.... India...  Cyprus.... Israel... *( to name a few )..  and Ireland, is the latest to acquire one...

As for McGuiness, and his "friends".... after years of losing the battle, they decided to change sides to the winning side, and once there, they then changed back again...

Leopard & spots comes to mind... 

Minivanman
Hero

He changed sides and became a 'Mr Peacenick' in order to avoid prosecution, as for those others.... the less said, apart from Nelson Mandela. A true hero against a rotten regime.  

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

As you have linked to the BBC News homepage that changes very frequently, here is a link to the actual article for posterity: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39185899

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Minivanman
Hero

Sorry about that, will try and edit.

PS. Done Thumbs Up

Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

guy was a terrorist, end of story.
he also never had any remorse for being a terrorist even when in "power" and apparently a man of peace.

it's not even real power, it's pseudo power.
you can win the election of there and be forced to share power with second place.
hardly democratic when the winners don't win!
Community Veteran

Minivanman wrote:

He changed sides and became a 'Mr Peacenick' in order to avoid prosecution, as for those others.... the less said, apart from Nelson Mandela. A true hero against a rotten regime.  

at least mandela served his time for his crimes.
but whatever you say about the reasons for comitting those crimes, they were still crimes.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@Minivanman

Well, there are certainly no "mixed feelings" from Katie Hopkins..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4335196/Good-riddance-McGuinness-writes-Katie-Hopkins.html

And I think I agree with her...

He did have the chance to say goodbye, to his loved ones... all of those he killed, (either personally, or by proxy murderers). did not have that chance. 

As she said... McGuiness never said sorry for the people who were killed,.... because he wasn`t ..(sorry)

Community Veteran

All well and good the usual terrorist turns over new leaf gumph but what made me sick was the respected statesman pretence.

The man was a total [-Censored-] ultimately responsible for blowing men women and children to pieces.

Minivanman
Hero

As was the theft of a snuff box @chenks76 which would have got you transported to Australia..... 

It's a funny old world to be sure and one where justice is what we say it is. 

Community Veteran

and the prize for the most nonsensical post goes to....

however, with regards to nelson mandela, he did sign off the approval for the deaths of many people, some of which were innocent (which mcguinness also did in his role with the IRA), which he pleaded guilty to. the only difference between mandela and mcguinness is that mandela pleaded guilty to those charges and was sentenced for those crimes.
Minivanman
Hero

To what post are you referring?

If it's mine then let's agree to disagree as I have no wish to argue around the likes of McGuinness, so count me out before it even gets started. 

Community Veteran

Can't say I thought a lot of Mandela either.

I got "tyred" hearing what a saint he was.

Steve
Seasoned Pro

I've got no feelings not mixed feelings I am as numb as they come lol

Community Veteran

Minivanman wrote:

To what post are you referring?

If it's mine then let's agree to disagree as I have no wish to argue around the likes of McGuinness, so count me out before it even gets started. 

don't think anyone is arguing about mcguinness? everyone is of the opinion he was a terrorist, and all round bad guy.