cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misunderstandings

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Misunderstandings

In town the other day there was a young girl with a collection tin and a sign, 'Help the Aged'.

I asked her what she could do for me but she simply did not get it.

A few months ago I returned a spray can to the local garden centre and said it did not work, 'she asked me what it did not do that it claimed to do regarding the type of bugs it killed. I repeated it did not work and gave her the can, on pressing the top button it clearly did not work !

Have you ever had any misunderstandings other than ones with your wife or partner as such can happen on a daily basis.

Smiley

5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Re: Misunderstandings

In my case it wasn't so much a misunderstanding more the opposite. A while back I was getting my eyes tested to when the optician asked me 'Do you see floaters?', to which I instantly replied 'Yes, but only when I eat Maltesers!'. To say she found this exceedingly funny would be an understatement. It took here the best part of 3 minutes to re-compose herself.

A couple of weeks later when I went to collect my glasses I was handed a small packet; Yep, a box of Maltesers with a smiley face on a compliments slip. Made her day I guess.

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Some years back one of my fellow student lodgers left a large tied up black plastic bag just inside the back door on rubbish collection day. I just automatically picked it up and put it out with some others - only to be told later that it had been his bag of dirty washing for the launderette!  He was not best pleased, but how was I supposed to know? 

I think he went on to work in Local Government..... which says it all really. 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
alanf
Aspiring Pro

What charity was the young girl collecting for?

Help The Aged and Age Concern England merged to form AgeUK several years ago.  Age Concern England was an alliance of local Age Concern charities and some of these choose not to be members of AgeUK and continue with their Age Concern names. As far as I am aware Help The Aged no longer exists although there are charities which do help the aged.

I assume that something similar happened with Scottish Age Concerns rebranding as AgeUK / Age Scotland.

Minivanman
Hero

Never give to 'chuggers' Angry

Chugger, a portmanteau of charity and mugger. 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Fixes: 47

But whoever they are they've always "had a fantastic response from neighbours on your road already"

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation