cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mistake, big mistake.

Travius
Hooked

Re: Mistake, big mistake.

Strongly agree with you! Especially if we speak about France it would be easier to name Paris the second Africa than say that all newcomers from Africa are Parisians

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Colonial heritage where apart from a large part of Canda, France had north Africa in the main and of the course Indo China whereas the British had their Dominions by way of South Africa, New Zealand, Australia and the east coast of north America - and that's just for starters. And why 'Dominions'? Settlements for whites only of course.

It's a funny old world we've made for ourselves eh.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

Do any of us truly know what our ancestory is, sure we have DNA which allows us to go back centuries but the further we go back the more vague it becomes, until DNA appeared on the scene some could not even be certain who their real father was !

As has already been mentioned many of us have european ancestors if we go back far enough.  These days with easy travel you have a global mix, in the future apart from a few religious societies or sects anyone will be able to have children with anyone else and the issue of colour will be irrelevant where you are from will simply relate to where you live and nothing else.

wotsup
Aspiring Champion

Blue mink had a song about 'what we need is a great big melting pot, big enough to take he world and all its got' - one of the lines was 'keep stirring for a hundred years or more, turning out coffee coloured people by the score'.....

https://genius.com/Blue-mink-melting-pot-lyrics

Very prophetic song......

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

@gleneagles 

Ah yes, that old saying about the father is only being the father because the mother says he is!

For not other reason than finding out about the family of a biological father I never really knew, research into both my paternal and maternal lines became a facinating and incredibly time consuming trawl through history for me. The upshot was that in my case and as far back as I could trace (to the16th century in one case) I could find no evidence of being decended from anything other than the north of England on one side, and the south on the other... with maybe a hint by name only of a bit of Italian some two hundred years ago - and the numbers increase as you trace back even that far really are something. 

Facinating stuff, and although not immigrants in the true sense of the word for some, I guess none of us are truly indiginous to these islands, or even it seems are we even a biologically pure species given from where we first appeared on this planet of ours some three million years ago diverging, interbreeding and dying out in the process.  

Right, I'm off to paint my face blue and then I'm going to find a fire to poke at with a pointed stick. Grrr.

PS. No royalty found in my research. Phew. 

Community Veteran
Fixes: 41

@wotsup wrote:

Blue mink had a song about 'what we need is a great big melting pot, big enough to take he world and all its got' -

Hmm, I wonder why we don't hear that one on the radio any more. Oh I know, it may well be prophetic, but its sure as heck not P.C.

Good song though.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Well race might mix but religious beliefs never will and that's a fact and that's the problem... well one of them anyway. Smiley

TTman
Pro

@Minivanman 

@Minivanman wrote:

Right, I'm off to paint my face blue and then I'm going to find a fire to poke at with a pointed stick. Grrr.

OK going to post on the boris post are you!Funny

Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

@Minivanman wrote:

Well race might mix but religious beliefs never will and that's a fact and that's the problem... well one of them anyway. Smiley

Of course if we all came from Adam & Eve that solves the problem.

Smiley

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Adam and Eve? I'm not really sure we want to go there! Roll eyes