cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing person?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Missing person?

I know it's tempting fate, but whatever happened to thisoldman? Remember him? I used to really enjoy his posts!  Grin
18 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Re: Missing person?

and "pierre_pierre" disappeared on 26/09/2012 without any hint of going  Undecided
I suspect "WildRose52" was abducted by aliens, or was assimilated by a conspiracy theory cult  Shocked
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I asked about tom a while back and got a few negative replies. Sure he was full of conspiracy theories but he seemed a decent enough person other than that.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

I think WR52 may have returned witha different persona.
Fixes: 47

That's not always possible Wink
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Fixes: 125

I was thinking the other day of posting a topic on a very similar note.
One never knows what has happened to such people as pierre_pierre, thisoldman, et al. and due to data protection PN staff can't even divulge if they passed away.
Whether you liked or hated their posts they contributed in many ways to the forums and helped make it an interesting, if sometimes frustrating place, to hang out.
All we can do is hope that they are OK and living their lives as peacefully and enjoyably as one can.
This is probably a stupid idea but I was wondering if an option could be set where, should a member become desceased, he/she has given permission in advance for the fourm to be informed. That way we could all pay our respects rather than simply speculate where they are.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Quote from: Mav
This is probably a stupid idea but I was wondering if an option could be set where, should a member become desceased, he/she has given permission in advance for the fourm to be informed. That way we could all pay our respects rather than simply speculate where they are.

Thats actually a very good idea.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Mav
That way we could ...  simply speculate where they are.

or in the case of WildRose52 speculate what planet she was on - when she was still here !  Shocked
itsme
Grafter

DPA does not cover records for deceased people.
Community Veteran

I think you'll find it does.
itsme
Grafter

[quote=http://www.ico.org.uk/for_organisations/data_protection/the_guide/key_definitions]Personal data means data which relate to a living individual who can be identified
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Does any one know why they stopped the milk cartons with missing persons on them? I always thought that was a brilliantly clever way of getting word out to millions of people.
Community Veteran

What happened to JoJo too? - She used to post regularly here and in the broadband forum but I've not seen her for ages.
According to her profile she was last online on the 26th of last month but hasn't posted since 30/12/12 (according to the show last posts link / search).
Seems like they're dropping like flies around here..
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: Steve_M
Does any one know why they stopped the milk cartons with missing persons on them? I always thought that was a brilliantly clever way of getting word out to millions of people.

did not even know about that.... so here is one of the "millions" that did not get " the word"  ! ! !... Huh
Community Veteran

It's widespread in the USA but it never really took off here. They did trial it years ago and every now and then I'd see a milk carton with it but it wasn't exactly common.. well not round my way anyway.