cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minivan

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Minivan

I wonder if there are any genuine minivans still around ?

I used to own one, sliding windows and a cord to open the door..... happy days..... unless you had problems with the sub frame ... not so happy then.

none of this electronic ignition stuff, spare points and capacitor in your pocket and you were good to go.

Cheesy

3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Minivan

It wasn't just the vans that had cords to open the doors and sliding windows mini cars had too. And a steering wheel angled like a bus and the centre positioned speedometer. Brilliant Thumbs Up

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Did loads of miles in my old minivan, round the clock in two of them and more miles than I like to remember squashed up in the back of one. Talk about feeling sick and uncomfortable. Always recall how the engine would sort of tip back when you revved them up. Being so low to the ground - especially when they were fully loaded with bodies and tools in the back, it was always felt weird getting into a proper sized vehicle - the same as getting out of my old MGB.

Are they still around? Oh yes, at car shows, but like the E Type Jag (no, I never had one) and just about every Vauxhall back in the 60s, they suffered from rusty sills and rotten bottoms and yet a £25 1947 Vauxhall 14 I had which had not changed from it's pre-war design never had a spot of rust on it and why? I've absolutely no idea. Smiley

PS. Still remember the registration numbers of both those minivans even after all these years!

DSCF2353.JPG

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

My first Post Office Telephones van was a Morris Minor, and I remember envying a couple of the guys who had minivans.

Not young enough to know everything