cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Millbank Protest

Community Veteran

Millbank Protest

C4 News tonight had some exclusive footage of yesterday's protests at Millbank which shows some of the deliberate damage caused.
Millbank Rioting
Over 50 arrests have already been made and Police are looking at all the footage available from the protesting to identify further people causing trouble.
22 REPLIES
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Millbank Protest

Don't blame any of them and thing's are going to get a lot worse, Until the Tories are Gone.!.
Community Veteran

Violence and vandalism is never acceptable. I have no problem with protesters entering the building and protesting peacefully, but deliberately causing damage is not acceptable.  The idea that the violence was spontaneous is clearly rubbish.  They were spontaneously carrying smoke bombs to set off the fire alarms and sprinkler systems with  Huh
John
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Student-Protest-Violence-Discussed-On-Internet-Ahead-Of-Lon...
Sky News has found evidence of internet discussions about potential violence at the student protests at least a week before Wednesday's riot in London.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

All the sign's were their Including Jim's link yet the police never expected It, Just crazy!
Community Veteran

I have nothing against peaceful protest but criminal damage cannot be condoned under any circumstances. There is a difference between demonstrating and rioting.  The students allowed their protest to be taken over by a small group who were intent on causing trouble.  
Police were attacked and injured yesterday and one nearly lost his life.  
Nothing can justify this behaviour.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Just wait till the OAP'S come out In force, What will the police do to them? Push them to the ground?
Community Veteran

Quote from: Oldjim
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Student-Protest-Violence-Discussed-On-Internet-Ahead-Of-London-Riots-Sky-News-Discovers/Article/201011215800468?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15800468_Student_Protest_Violence_Discussed_On_Internet_Ahead_Of_London_Riots%2C_Sky_News_Discovers
Sky News has found evidence of internet discussions about potential violence at the student protests at least a week before Wednesday's riot in London.

Jim, as you say all the media seemed to have this information and I wonder why it was ignored.
It was frightening watching some of the rioters on TV trying to justify their actions. 
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Anarchy rules OK?  lets hope the various video's are good enough to lock them away
nadger
Rising Star

There's no doubt that a lot of the people causing damage will be identified from various videos.
Should they prove to actually be students all their funding should be stopped immediately.
Back in my  CND days we all sat in the road, outside the then South Ruislip USAF base, and were carried away by the police but there was no actual violence.
Community Veteran

Most of the sensible comments in this thread have the same message - Protest yes, Riot No.
I agree with Nadger that any student found to be involved in rioting should be thrown out of university immediately. 
I also feel the Police should not have their hands tied when they have to deal with a mob like we saw this week.  Water cannon and teargas should be available for them.
Community Veteran

The Police have arrested a 23 year old in Cambridgeshire suspected of throwing the fire extinguisher at the Police.
Man Arrested
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Certainly dangerous and looking back over my comment's I was wrong to say violence was the way to go, Was In a bad mood earlier. Note to self Keep my bad mood's to myself In future.
Seems the students did not want It to turn out the way It had by a small group of Idiotic vandal's.
However I cant see thing's getting any better until the Tories are Kicked out of office, I stick by that, Gordon brown will be chuckling away to himself while reading the paper's saying to himself " Bet they wished they kept me In power now ".
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: artmo
The Police have arrested a 23 year old in Cambridgeshire suspected of throwing the fire extinguisher at the Police.
Let's hope they prosecute him fully as he could have killed someone.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Fully agree with you there nadger, I certainly would not like to lose my life to some young chump!!