cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milk.....again

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Milk.....again

We have discussed milk before but there has been a recent change which now allows farmers to export milk anywhere without the previous restrictions.
Some farmers claim this will make milk even cheaper and drive many out of business whilst other farmers claim the opposite as they can now export to anywhere in the world.
So what's the likely outcome ?
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Milk.....again

I hope the BRITISH farmers, get their act together on this, and do some "proper" marketing... of .... BRITISH MILK...  flaunting the union flag on all milk sold in the u.k. that has been farm produced in the u.k .... for the u.k market...
Hopefully, the BRITISH public will rally to the cause, and not accept "forren" milk, even if it is cheaper, ....
BRITISH MILK, should be better quality, and, of course, much fresher, than "forren" milk, because it does not have to be transported for thousands of miles, before it reaches the consumer.
when they do the marketing, they should stress the importance of it being "home produced", fresher, and better quality, so keeping the british countryside and british farming at it`s best.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

If it's going cheap, get it back in the schools!!!
Fixes: 121

Quote from: shutter
Hopefully, the BRITISH public will rally to the cause, and not accept "forren" milk, even if it is cheaper, ....
I doubt that will happen as the majority of the British public want a bargain rather than support local produce Sad
@twocvbloke That would be money better spent than teaching 8-year-olds how to put on condoms Angry

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

BRITISH MILK, should be better quality, and, of course, much fresher, than "forren" milk, because it does not have to be transported for thousands of miles, before it reaches the consumer.

Well here we have loads of SCOTTISH Milk on sale. Good luck getting any other kind ;-)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: Mav
@twocvbloke That would be money better spent than teaching 8-year-olds how to put on condoms Angry

I remember that it gave us a big laugh at school (didn't care about such things back then, so condoms were just funny things!!)... Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: Hairy

Well here we have loads of SCOTTISH Milk on sale. Good luck getting any other kind ;-)

Your comment, is the exact reason I said BRITISH .... as opposed to ENGLISH... British, to me, means... England, Scotland, N.I. and Wales... would even include Eire, in that context, as their dairy industry is as good as ours...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

I only said "Scottish Milk" as that is WHAT is on the bottle. Not English/British but Scottish.
I know I used to buy "Yorkshire Milk" when I was in Yorkshire last.