cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from T-Mobile to EE

Fixes: 47

Migrating from T-Mobile to EE

Has anyone here migrated from T-Mobile to EE and upgraded their phone.
The reason I ask is because I have just gone through this procedure (in my case Samsung S3 to S6) apparently with complete success....apart from one thing.
When I look in Settings > About Device > Status > My phone number I see a new number not my old one.
Everything seems to be working ok, it's just I expected to see my old number in there.
I've been on EE's terrible Community site and followed some guidance with little success.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
18 REPLIES
Fixes: 121

Re: Migrating from T-Mobile to EE

I migrated from T-Mobile to EE in November 2013 and don't remember seeing the issue you mention.
But... I seem to remember the new phone came with a new SIM and the old number was switched to the new SIM automatically on turning on the phone. Perhaps their system needs a little extra time to catchup in your case Undecided
My daughter just did the same last week so I'll ring her a little later and ask what she sees on her account.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Thanks Mav
I've read everything from 2 hours to a week for the process to complete Roll eyes
I'll give it a week.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I`ve been on T-mobile for years... so has my missus... however... we are now "seperated"..... because she is on EE and I am still on T-mobile... ! ! .. never bothered with a "switch" process, it just happened that way.... upgraded our phones at carphone warehouse about a couple of months ago... payg.. new phones cost £2.99 each... still the same... she is on EE and I am still on T-mobile... I go into the local shop and ask for T-mobile top up for her....... and for me ... get the usual yard of till roll... she types in the number and no problems.... (I use a T-mobile swipe card to top up with )... instant topup no numbers to type in...

Just spoken to my daughter and she said her old number appeared on the EE website as soon as she registered.
She's also in a similar position as shutter in that her mum's and her phone were with T-Mobile but now one is T-Mobile and the other EE. Apparently still one DD but I think two different online accounts.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

My old number appears in my new account on the EE website....(along with a picture of my old phone Roll eyes)
It's on the SIM in the new phone that the new number appears and where I expected my old ported number to appear by now.
I used to refer to it if someone asked for my number when I first got it but I have it off by heart now.
As I've said, I'll give it a week and see if it gets sorted.

I think I should go to bed early Roll eyes
I'll ask her about when the number appeared in the phone - although I doubt if she actually checked that. I'm still certain mine was very quick.
Have you tried turning the phone off/on?

Yes, frequently.
PowerLee
Rising Star

Some old Nokia & Sony Ericsson dumb phones allow you to edit the stored phone number for the sim card so you can change it to the correct number.

A guy on one of the forums told me to do that but as I said to him, on the S6 it's read only as far as I can see.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Never looked on either site to find my number or the missus.... we don`t have "new numbers" cos I just took the sim card out from the old phone and put it in the new phone... however, that has nowt to do with her being on EE and me on T-Mobile  (Which, incidentally, shows up on the screen next to the "bars" for signal strength....
PowerLee
Rising Star

If you can find / borrow an old Nokia or Sony Ericsson dumb phone that will take your size of sim card you can edit the number.
Stick the sim in then go to - Contacts, More, Options, Special numbers, My numbers, My mobile - go in & edit that to the correct number then save.
Stick the sim card back in the S6 & it should display the correct number

The Samsung S6 takes the new tiny nano size SIM.
I have a SIM reader but that only takes the old standard size SIM.
Edit: Just found on Amazon a converter set for £1.29
Fixes: 101

I've just done 3 sims (contracts) from T-Mobile to EE without any hassle at all.
Will Moderate For Thanks

Maybe I should have gone to EE direct and paid a lot more for the privilege. Sad