Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrants @ Calais.....

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Migrants @ Calais.....

Migrants @ Calais climbing into trucks...
How long before someone is hurt ?
Two practical Physical Solutions....

1) Place the locking door handles at the top of the trailer doors, so you need a ladder to open them, and use high security padlocks.....
Of course, canvas sided vehicles need something else

2) have very loud music or air horns blasting away in the trailer !!!

There must be more others can thing of.....
Apart from an effective French police action !

British drivers' fury as 350 Calais stowaways turfed off UK-bound lorries in just four hours during port siege
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3138279/350-Calais-stowaways-turfed-UK-bound-lorries-four-ho...

How many of the trucks will have their cargo of food rejected, I suspect many.
7 REPLIES
nadger
Rising Star

Re: Migrants @ Calais.....

Going through Chunnel next Thursday for a few days in Normandy ( our 50th & my 80th) so hoping things have quietened by when we return.
Going back to Sangatte camp days one saw crowds heading towards Eurotunnel on other side of armco,
I see that they catch a few motorists every month trying to bring people past Border Force in boot on their car.
I guess Henry V111 was right and we should have kept Calais  Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: nadger
Henry V111 was right and we should have kept Calais  Wink

We still have too many of those Norman illegals in the country after they landed at Hastings.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

With all the high tech equipment we have I fail to see how anyone can get into this country in the back of a lorry or other vehicle.
I recall a tv program showing lorries passing through one of these systems and no matter what the cargo was it could easily show if anyone was inside.
Seems easier to get in than out of the country, turn up at the airport with no passport and see how far you get.
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

They have a double bladed thermal scanner that scans each truck as they pass in Dover, and I seem to remember they also CO2 detectors too.
And dogs !!
But.... that is far too late in the journey.
Community Veteran

As you say, too late.
Common sense to have these things on the other side of the channel.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

It's funny how France says it's our problem that their borders are so lax that they let in thousands of illegal immigrants every day, and it's our fault they allow them passage through their country unhindered to the various ports, and it's our fault they set up camp there in their country without really being bothered by the country's legal system, it's amazing how all that is our fault, maybe we should sent them some mirrors... Grin
Community Veteran

Don't get me started, have you noticed that these days everything is our fault, so the government apologise on our behalf for all the things we have done wrong, this is usually followed by demands for compensation.