cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrant Thread Closure

Community Veteran

Migrant Thread Closure

A open message to Dvorak.
I notice you closed the Migrant thread last night.
When I last looked in the thread ( approx 11pm)  it seemed to be OK with the exception of the odd post which perhaps should have been removed earlier.
What happened after 11pm when the night owls appeared I don't know but would it not have been better to simply remove any offending posts and maybe issue warning to the offenders. This would have allowed the discussion to continue in a sensible manner.
Maybe this opinion is not shared by other posters but it would be interesting to know.
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Migrant Thread Closure

It wasn't anything that went on after that time artmo and that means our little micro debate / spat wasn't the direct cause of its closure.
dvorakl replied to a pm i sent and says he decided to lock and remove the topic after seeing a few posts on the first page.
He said he hasn't even looked at the latter pages yet as he'is doing something else.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

I didn't think it was our 'little micro debate/spat' as you call it. That's fairly normal between us Wink Wink
I would be interested in the reason. Funny how another mod seems to have read the posts during the day and didn't feel such action was necessary.
Individual posts could have been deleted IMO.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I Guess there are some topics that you have to be careful about when telling jokes.
Some people have strong opinions about certain things so what might seem a joke to one person might well upset someone else or give others the opportunity to voice their opinion which may or may not be based on fact.
I Have no idea if it's quicker for mods to delete all the posts in a topic comared to the time it would take to delete individual posts but if the topic remains open then it could easily revert or be replaced by similar posts which had been deleted.
The deletion of a post or topic is not really an issue for me as this forom is just that, chit chat.
I would be more concerned if a serious post by me under one of the other headings such a Fibre, Customer Services etc was deleted without good reason.
Steve
Pro

I wouldn't worry how the moderators here do the work that they do but should take heed in Dvoraks warning. Also an open message? Should of been a PM I can guarantee that is what ' you ' would be saying to me and a PM is where this ' open message ' should be taken.
Just my tuppence worth I know you like it.
Community Veteran

It was an open message as I thought others may want to comment.
I also have to say that over the months I have sent 2 PMs to this mod and received no reply. Sad
Community Veteran

Replies within just a few hours to me... every time Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

A bottle of Whisky at Christmas works wonders.
Wink
Community Veteran

Quote from: 7up
Replies within just a few hours to me... every time Smiley

Sounds like you are a regular  Wink
Community Veteran

and considering its me, it always has a friendly feeling to the tone too!
Mind you.. I think it's no secret anymore.. everyone loves 7up Wink
Fixes: 102

If you disagreed the correct procedure is clearly laid out in the forum rules.
As for replying to pm's, if a response is required then it is given.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I am of the pursuasion that the referee is always right, though in this case his coffee may have been too strong. Think I'll go dark for a while.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.