Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midnight(ish) Snack ?

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Midnight(ish) Snack ?

Being Online and using Skype most nights / early mornings, I often feel the need for a Midnight(ish) Snack.....
My favourite at the moment is Corned Beef and Onion...
(I keep an extra tin of Corned Beef in the fridge, to ease cutting.)
With a large knife / cleaver, I cut the Corned Beef into bite sized chunks, approx 20 per tin, and thinly slice an Onion.
All together in an airtight container in the fridge, a piece of Corned Beef, along with a single (slither) strip of sliced Onion, is just right for myself.
And usually a small amount of  English Mustard to slightly dunk the Corned Beef into...
( x 2, or x 3 or x 4 !!)
Goes well with a mug of Tea.
At 3am !!

Do you have a favourite Midnight Snack ?
Any alternative suggestions welcomed

12 REPLIES
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Midnight(ish) Snack ?

not so much now that I'm not working irregular hours but I used to go wild for those Maggie hot pockets (frozen microwave snack ) not sure if there even still on sale over here any more mind you its been a few years, another favourite after a few fizzy sherbets was a twin pack of Iceland frozen kebabs (although they never tasted as good as the real thing they were just right)
more often though, a bowl of ice cream with a mixture of nutela and peanut butter (warmed and stirred before being poured over)

in the last few years though I've tended not to have more than a single meal a day though because all those excess calories made me into a rather portly chap.......
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

Quote from: nanotm
into a rather portly chap.......

Lack of regular sleep and a snacking habit will definitely expose you to that.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

I like to put grated mature cheese on toast, plenty of pepper, and a sprinkling of  Worcestershire sauce.
Then put it back under the grill until it just starts to melt.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

If I ever felt peckish in the night i'd open a packet of crisps or have some fruit (bananas, grapes etc...)
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
Fixes: 121

I am very lucky in that SWMBO often asks at all hours if I fancy a snack. Usually she'll russell up eggs on toast with cheese and cucumber.
It has been known for her to cook a full meal at silly-o-clock when we've both been hungry.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

A question for PlusComUK
Have you found any tinned corned beef which tastes as good as found in the deli's in the USA
Fixes: 121

Corned beef was the one meal I would refuse at school as it was always dry, like chewing cardboard and no discernible taste. Always served with potatoes and was just awfully dry and unappetising.
Since then I have always refused to eat it either from a tin or the deli.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

a handful of dried fruit,
peter10
Grafter

A bacon butty is my ideal snack anytime. However I'm having to forgo them at the moment in an attempt to lose weight.
Community Veteran

Cheese does for me every time! Cheesy
Geoff,
York.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Not that I can eat much these days due to medical issues but pretty much anything I can lay my hands on that isn't too fatty lol..
toast, jam, rice crispies, sandwich, crisps (oven baked), grapes....
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
TORPC
Grafter

if only SWMBO is peckish she will typically grab a bowl of cereal
If only me then I may do some beans on toast with grated cheese melted on top
If both of us are peckish SWMBO or I will knock a meal up from a mixn match of any ingredients
Some of which has been really tasty & some has been not so tasty  Lips are sealed