cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Virus

Fixes: 47

Microsoft Virus

detected: Trojan program Trojan.HTML.Dosser.c URL: http://www.microsoft.com/

This popped up from my Kaspersky's Web Anti virus component as I logged out of and proceeded to browse the forum Roll eyes
Stupid system Roll eyes
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
6 REPLIES
Fixes: 105

Re: Microsoft Virus

No need for anti-virus; ignorance is bliss you know Cheesy Grin Tongue
Note: I do not endorse surfing the interweb without anti-virus (and yes I do have it running on my Mac and Linux before you all start Tongue )
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

My uni requires that all computers have AV software installed in order to 'register' on the network - suffice it to say that as soon as I installed it, I completely disabled it, although I do use a Mac so the threat's low. Having said that, back when I used to use Windows as my main OS, I never had AV software running all the time either - I just did an occasional scan to check everything was Ok and it always was. Worst I ever suffered from was a few dodgy cookies IIRC.
Cliff_Jordan
Grafter

Who do you believe?
This is what Kaspersky said when I tried to update Malwarebytes to v1.39 earlier today - "look out it's a trojan" - but I'd been there before with the previous version and so I allowed it to install.
Roll eyes
Cliff
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

I've also been seeing this 'warning' from Kaspersky for the last two days when trying to access Microsoft update sites.  Most other Microsoft sites seem OK e.g. MSDN, Help.  Odd fault and happens in both Kaspersky 7 and 8 which I have on different systems. 
Idleness is the answer to why? Cheesy
Maurice
pierre_pierre
Grafter

nothing comes up with AVG Cool
N/A

Had it yesterday evening whilst browsing eBay. Posted in the Kaspersky forum - advised to e-mail newvirus@kaspersky. Did so and within an hour received a reply from  Vladislav, so here it is:
Hello,
Sorry, it was a false detection. It will be fixed in the next update.
Thank you for your help.

Kaspersky neutralised it and all subsequent scans with Kaspersky and Defender proved negative.