cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Michael Jackson Tickets.

Community Veteran

Michael Jackson Tickets.

Demand for tickets to Michael Jackson 's concerts caused the website to crash today.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7936727.stm
Tickets go on general sale this weekend so I guess there will be further problems.  He's added 10 more dates due to the demand.
38 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Michael Jackson Tickets.

And they say there's a credit crunch! Can't understand it myself, but who am I to argue?
scootie
Grafter

would'nt give that guy 1 penny of my money. even thoe courts did not find the punk guilty
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@ASBO DOG I have to say I agree with you. I have never been able to to see what the attraction is about the bloke. He sings in a strange squeaky effeminate falsetto, and dances like a stick insect.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
techguy
Grafter

Didn't mind the music when I was younger and had quite a few albums but as I grew up and turned away from pop music I realised how naff it actually was and sent the albums to the local charity shop.
And yes I'm not convinced by the verdict either but on the flipside I do wonder why the parents of the alleged victims were happy to keep quiet in exchange for a large payoff.
Community Veteran

Quote from: techguy
I do wonder why the parents of the alleged victims were happy to keep quiet in exchange for a large payoff.

I think you hit the nail on the head techguy..."large payoff" they wouldn't be the first or the last who have put their principles aside when $'s are waved before the eye's.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
techguy
Grafter

Personally if it had been a Son or Daughter of mine I'd have taken the money and used it to fund whatever investigations was necessary to bring the abuser to justice, preferably the death sentence if it had been proved beyond all reasonable doubt.
Community Veteran

Uhmm! I lean towards you techguy, Jackson is a very lucky man to be free to do much as he likes, at the time I suspect he knew it as well, but I think a little Alzheimers has set in and he's forgotten about it now.

Community Veteran

His actions with the children were abhorrent.  However, he made some great music and has thousands of fans as is shown by the interest in his ticket sales.  When they go on general release I guess there will be another computer crash. It's difficult to separate his private life and his music however.
Fixes: 47

Saw him in concert at Aintree a few years back. One hell of a show, one hell of a PA system and 100,000+ people (including gate crashers) made quite a day.
Wouldn't go now though.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

He's a loonie
Fixes: 47

Eccentric Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Only Britons are allowed to be eccentric. He's American and therefore a loonie.  Crazy
Not young enough to know everything
Fixes: 105

I've seen him twice in concert and it was a very good show, though his only chit chat to the crowd seemed to be 'I love you'. Most odd.
Don't think I'd see him again now, getting a bit on.
Will Moderate For Thanks
paulby
Grafter

Quote from: poppy
And they say there's a credit crunch! Can't understand it myself, but who am I to argue?

And, if you're really mad, you can pay £3000 for a £75 ticket.