Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Michael Jackson Statue: Art or...

Fixes: 125

Michael Jackson Statue: Art or...

Michael Jackson Fulham FC statue defended by Al Fayed
Michael Jackson statue: Art critics give their verdict
It looks hideous and and seems pointless. Bet, hey, what do I know about art  Cheesy Grin

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

5 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Michael Jackson Statue: Art or...

probably like me, not much, but hey the art critics said
It's a spectacularly bad piece of kitsch that doesn't even look all that much like Michael Jackson.
Community Veteran

It's so bad it's hilarious, if I was a Fulham fan I would be disgusted, I never liked Wacko and I still don't.  And when Al Fyed said if fans don't like the statue then Fulham doesn't want them, I think he misses the point about football clubs and chairmen, he might think he owns the club, but he's only a caretaker, the club is the fans, a club doesn't disown its fans based on their feelings towards a statue of a pop star.
Community Veteran

al fayed and jackson friends?  yeah, right.  that 'statue'  looks like an oversized cheap plastic toy.
geoffp0
Grafter

Can't really see the tie up with Jacko and Fulham, Jacko never played for Fulham did he? anyway I think it looks c**p Angry
johpal
Grafter

No accounting for taste. Al Fayed's 'empire' appears to be crumbling (he sold Harrods) and he seems to have been left with nowhere else to dump place the item.
Mr Al Fayed said: "If some stupid fans don't understand and appreciate such a gift this guy gave to the world they can go to hell.

I'm sure the feeling is reciprocated!