cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Michael Foot Dies

Community Veteran

Michael Foot Dies

It has been announced that Michael Foot, ex leader of the Labour Party has died.
Michael Foot
9 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Michael Foot Dies

well I posted on Artmos thread yesterday that Winston Churchill died yesterday - announced at 16:17
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8545760.stm
Fixes: 47

An 'interesting' character Artmo.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Yes, not of my political leaning but a passionate politician who spoke from the heart.   
jmd
Grafter

Michael Foot was a very good speaker - you were not bored by him!  And his politics at the time were too far left for the time so he was not liked - but he did not have a false smile like some Labour leaders.
Oh, Pierre - thank you for posting about Winston Churchill's death.  I remember him well as used to live in his constituency - not that would ever have voted for him!  Remember him once making a visit to the JobCentre with wife and childrren in tow - I think he thought we should all curtsey/bow to him!  Stayed as MP because part of constituency was strongly Conservative.  The Boundary changes made changes to that though.
Community Veteran

Micahel Foot was indeed a very committed politician, and he did a lot to ensure the health and social security system was set up well.
Unfortunately he wasn't very aware of how to present himself, as typified by the infamous cenotaph issue where he turned up in a duffle coat
Community Veteran

by crikey!  it was a surprise to me that he'd been alive all this time.  he'd looked like death warmed over since the 1980s.
Community Veteran

A very provocative and well argued article by Richard Littlejohn.
Michael Foot
Community Veteran

Maybe - but i'm sorry i can't take any Daily mail journo seriously, and when they appear on Question time i virtually never agree with their  views which are often at variance to the rest of the panel including the Tory.
I thought some of the comments in Littlejohn article, just in bad taste
Community Veteran

But he also made some very valid points which were conveniently forgotten yesterday.