Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merkel's Offer

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Merkel's Offer

Maybe he thought he was being offered a different kind of handshake and thought "surely not" Wink 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39311760

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
8 REPLIES
jab1
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Merkel's Offer

I saw this on the BBC news last night, and although there was very little comment on his boorish behavour, it confirmed to me that the Americans have elected themselves a totally unsuitable President. Much more of that attitude, and they won't need his 'Fortress America' plans - the rest of the world will shun them - IMO.

John
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

'boorish' is a bit of an understatement I see it as nothing more than pig ignorance.

Minivanman
Hero

Well they certainly know how to pick 'em that's for sure. Nixon, Ford, Reagan......

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Fixes: 47

In Trump's position, tact is a necessary trait when dealing with the leaders of other countries.

From what I saw this morning he has a total lack of it and is an embarrassment to the US.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
jab1
Seasoned Pro

I couldn't agree more with all  of the last three posts.

@Mook - I was trying not to sink to his level of ignorance.Wink

John
alanf
Aspiring Pro

Trump did pose for handshakes with Merkel in other settings. Perhaps it was intended as more of a snub for the "fake news" media who were urging him, without showing deference, to do something .  Merkel repeated the request but it would have appeared weak if he had given in at that stage. Handshake OK if it was at his own initiation but he wasn't going to be told what to do.

Whatever the intention it made Trump appear rude and Merkel the better person.

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

Obama shook hands with Mrs Merkel and all the while his security services were tapping her communications.

jab1
Seasoned Pro

As they probably were everyone else, and everyone else, them. It's the way the world 'works' - in the eyes of the secutity services, anyway.

John