cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Membership of the EU

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Membership of the EU

Perhaps few people will agree with me but I predict that within 10 years we will have come out of the EU.
By doing so we will lose a vast amount of money but equally will save a fair amount in the process.
There is no reason why we cannot continue to trade with the EU (even though an additional 4% of costs would be added as a non EU partner) but equally we would save the usual annual contribution.
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Membership of the EU

I think its break up is imminent. Or at least a complete renegotiation back to the trading agreement it was meant to be.
I expect there will be great resistance from Euro pigs/MP's/Civil servants on the threat of there trough/gravy train being taken away.
There would be little point going back to a straight trading agreement if the hangers on still remained at their posts sucking away at our dwindling finances.
Community Veteran

@gleneagles, I agree we won't remain in the EU but I would give it 5 rather than 10 years.  The present format cannot continue as it is. I don't see the UK being the only country to leave either.  I think there is a general disquiet amongst members, particularly those paying the bills. 
The original concept of a trading zone was good but it has now got completely out of control.  @billnotben I think you are right and we will see a move back to the original concept.  I only hope its sooner rather than later.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

how could you Artmo
Your friend was Chancellor when we refused to join the Euro
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I'm not happy with this half hearted approach to being a member of the EU, either we're IN and adopt the Euro, or OUT and go it alone, I'm actually not fussy which, don't like the lack of a decision.
Although I cannot see the £ being very successful on it own, free from constraints of any major currency. With the PIIG bail-outs the Euro is self-correcting very good economies (Germany, Holland, Finland) are currently supporting bad economies (PIIGS).
When UK fails who will support the £?....................Guess then we all learn to eat with chop-sticks Crazy Crazy
Community Veteran

Quote from: journeys
When UK fails who will support the £?...................

That sums up the growing feeling that the UK tax payer is being taken for a ride.
We are supporting the failing Euro but which of mainland Europe's countries tax payers would support us if we needed help.
Fixes: 47

I does feel like a sinking ship with less and less people helping with the bailing.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation