cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meghan Markle has lost her Sparkle

Lægen
Aspiring Pro

Meghan Markle has lost her Sparkle

Meghan Markle's legal battle with the British press suffered a body blow today after large parts of her case against the Mail on Sunday were dismissed as 'irrelevant' by a High Court judge including her claims of a malicious media 'agenda' against her.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8276929/Meghan-Markle-suffers-massive-setback-judge-tosses-...

Come back Harry before you are tainted any more.....

11 REPLIES 11
jab1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 73

Re: Meghan Markle has lost her Sparkle

I'm no great fan of the lady, but a slightly less biased analysis of the case is available on BBC news. Would you seriously expect a balanced report from one of the protagonists in the case - I certainly wouldn't, especially given Associateds' track record.

John
idonno
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

Seems they are just reporting what most Courts do if you start to pad things out. As it says: "Some of the allegations are struck out as irrelevant to the purpose for which they are pleaded". Basically the judge is saying keep on track. Hardly heady stuff and nothing to get too excited about.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Baldrick1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 187

• Is any of this silly irrelevant celeb tittle tattle something that people find exciting?
jab1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 73

@idonno Probably, although I haven't read the DM version - I can't bring myself to open any links to that rag, sorry.I bet it isn't exactly balanced reporting, though.

@Baldrick1 No, but as there is so little going on these days, I just thought I'd post my opinion.😁

John
wotsup
Seasoned Champion

Not a fan of either Meggs or harry TBH - they have basically resigned from their day job but are no doubt still using their 'Royal' links to open doors - Harry should never have got involved with a minor D list celeb like Megain,  it was never gonna end well.   And didn't Megains dad pass the letter over to the media, must have known / wanted it to be published....  Seems Megain a bit like Diana - likes the media exposure,  but only on her own terms...

twocvbloke
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I'd never even heard of her prior to the two shacking up, and looking her up on IMDB, I can see why... 🤔

Interesting to note she's 4 years older than me though, I thought she was younger...

TTman
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 1

Would have thought that the letter that Meg sent to her father would become his property and he would have had the right to do with it whatever he wished!

Champnet
Champion
Fixes: 7

Copyright ?

Do we have a Lawyer in the house.. ?

idonno
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

@TTman Seems copyright stays with the original writer but you can show a letter to a 3rd party but that is when you get into a legal minefield if they decide to publish it.

I think this will run and run for quite some time yet.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Mook
Champion
Fixes: 2

@idonno wrote:

I think this will run and run for quite some time yet.

Of course it will, the lawyer's will make sure of that. Got to pay the Club fees somehow.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

I thought US law required copyrighted material to be marked with © followed by the copyright holder's name whilst English law was more flexible in this regard?