cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McDonalds food really must be healthy!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

McDonalds food really must be healthy!

For moons people have slated the healthiness of 'junk' food and the like. Today (thanks to the Daily Mail) we find out that we CAN trust food that we saw with a cartoon character as it's mascot in our younger years!

I always loved my Frosties in the morning yet really disliked Corn Flakes (by any brand). McDonalds was equally grrrreat too and with Ronald McDonald and his many chums involved in prmoting their tasty food I think we can all be reassured that their food is safer than other fast food brands! Oh.. and lets not forget that McDonalds survived the horse meat crisis without any problems at all!
bah ba bah ba baaah.. I'm lovin it!  Cheesy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
44 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: McDonalds food really must be healthy!

Wow!
22 minutes and not one person disagrees!  Grin
Fixes: 125

I never liked Frosties but really liked corn flakes with sugar sprinkled over (go figure) with the cream off the top of the milk.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: 7up
Wow!
22 minutes and not one person disagrees!  Grin

Original post 14:37, the above quoted post 15:00 - I make that 23 minutes so therefore must disagree with that post at least...
Mc Donalds is healthier than starving to death, if taken moderately as part of a balanced diet it's probably quite harmless.
Trouble is, 'bad' ('naughty') food often tastes better then the stuff we're told we should be eating.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
RichAllen
Grafter

The Tony the Tiger character is annoying, and Frosties themselves have too much sugar IMO.
Besides which, Mum doesn't like it when I buy "kiddy" cereals from Tesco, she likes me to get healthy stuff like Weetabix, Bran flakes and Porridge (has to be proper Porridge though, not Ready Brek)
Community Veteran

Weetabix is so boring though don't you think?
I always preferred Ricicles with Captain Ric the spaceman lol. Even now I'd quite happily buy those if it wasn't for the dentist telling me no more sugary stuff  Cry
RichAllen
Grafter

I've been eating 3 Weetabix with warm milk most mornings for over 30 years mate.
Some people think having 3's "greedy" but it's just what I've always had since I was little.

Never really liked Weetabix but 3 or 4 Shredded Wheat with a sprinkle of sugar and hot milk.
Don't remember ever eating Ricicles but Rice Krispies were OK. Never felt the need to stick my ear to the bowl, though Cheesy

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Fixes: 47

I always have 2 Shredded Wheat for breakfast with cold milk...or warm milk sometimes in winter...absolutely no sugar.
If I gave in to temptation the Shredded Wheat would be replaced with Honey Nut Cornflakes.
I like the occasional Big Mac Meal....I don't usually 'go large'.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Ra 3 weetabix? Yikes! Mind you, I suppose it's probably healthier than some others and probably keeps you going.
As for shredded wheat.. yuck.
@Strat I also used to enjoy Big Macs from Maccie Ds but now I can't eat any of their food due to medical complications that the NHS caused me so I'm incredibly jealous of you now lol
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

I stopped caring what my parents thought of my eating habits when I was in my mid teens.....
having said that pretty much every food was advertised by some cartoon or another when I was younger, I didn't like most of it back then and I still am not overly keen on much of it now......don't get me wrong I liked the odd treat of something nice but I couldn't eat it regularly
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you

Quote from: 7up
I also used to enjoy Big Macs from Maccie Ds but now I can't eat any of their food due to medical complications that the NHS caused me so I'm incredibly jealous of you now lol
I've never particularly like McD's although I have been known to eat when in London as it tends to be the cheaper option.
But I have noticed that McD's in Ukraine is far superior than here with more variety, burgers that don't feel like cardboard and everything just seems to taste better. Maybe I am assuming it would be and perceiving it as such.
Does anyone else have experience of McD's in other countries and how do they compare with UK?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: RichAllen

she likes me to get healthy stuff like Weetabix, Bran flakes and Porridge (has to be proper Porridge though, not Ready Brek)

Agree, Frosties have too much sugar coating.... however... to get "proper" Porage, you need to use the proper spelling.....  Roll eyes
http://www.scottsporage.co.uk/home.php
Community Veteran

Check out this information about how good McDonalds meals are for you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Size_Me
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Fixes: 47

I had a Big Mac Meal in Victoria on Vancouver Island and it was very good.
The place was very quiet considering it was the only one in Victoria.
We later found out that American fast food outlets are frowned upon in parts of Canada so residents are discouraged from visiting them.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation