cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maybe size does matter...

Fixes: 125

Maybe size does matter...

The first leg of our journey home today was on a 737-500 from Dnepropetrovsk to Kyiv. The second part from Kyiv to Gatwick was on a 737-800 which is a much bigger plane.
SWMBO suffered badly from blocked and painful ears on the first flight but was fine on the second. I never seem to suffer that way. But don't airlines hand out boiled sweets any more?
They used to a few years ago.
Glad to be back. I was quite ill while out there and spent almost two weeks laid up in bed with various ailments - not very pleasant. Keeping in touch with the folks here helped a lot, though.  Overall, had a good time and now have thousands of photos and hours of video to go through. Cool Grin

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Maybe size does matter...

Glad you're back safely Mav and Mrs Mav  Smiley
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

@Mav:- Pleased your back safely, how about sharing a few photographs (not too many Roll eyes) have always wondered what rural Ukraine looks like.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

The 737-500 has a lower rated cabin pressure differential than the 737-800 and it probably means that the one on the internal flight was running at a lower differential (hence a lower cabin pressure) and possibly - knowing Russian internal flights - the rate of change of pressure was higher due to the plane climbing and descending faster
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

What OldJim is trying to say is welcome back  Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

What I should have said - having flown on a lot of Russian internal flights is that you are lucky to be back as the safety practices were non existent - and welcome  Grin
Fixes: 125

I understood you, Oldjim and thanks, everyone Smiley
I think Ukraine has a much better safety record than Russia.
My first ventures to Ukraine the domestic flights were often in an ATR 72 which, to me, frequently looked like they'd reached they're best buy dates! Very noisy and very bumpy ride.
Also they used  to use the Embraer E-190 which seemed particularly cramped to me being well over 6ft.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still