cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May To Bring Back Fox Hunting?

Steve
Pro

May To Bring Back Fox Hunting?

Learn something new everyday. She hopes to bring back fox hunting, i would of thought that was at the bottom of the list but maybe not. Disgusting, vote em OUT!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-fox-hunting-bring-back-ban-repeal-conserva...

46 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: May To Bring Back Fox Hunting?

Cool, I'd welcome it!  I have one of those pests digging up up the roots of some recently planted fruit trees to get at the bone meal fertiliser.  Last year I had to dispose of the bodies of five chickens where a fox had got into their run over a 2 metre high fence.  They are definitely not cute.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Steve
Pro

@AlaricAdair both you and I know they wont be hunting your fox. I think you know the drill with this and I think it's cruel. 

DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

Maybe its about time we introduced MP hunting...

jab1
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 5

Sorry, @DaveyH - that's a bit unfair, they're sitting ducks. Wink

John
Minivanman
Hero

Not going to happen and its certainly not going to be an election issue.

Personally think blood sports are appalling and yes they can be a pest but hunting for fun? Anyways, I'd be more worried if she wanted to bring back coffee cream in chocolates. 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Steve
Pro

It certainly is going to be an election issue.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Basil Brush has a lot to answer for. I don't say that lightly. There a quite a few generations who now think foxes are amusing, cuddly, warm hearted creatures, which they are not. Foxes are one of the few animals other than humans who kill simply for the sake of it and not for food. Some might suggest they deserve all they get.

A fox or foxes has spent the winter period ruining my bowling club's green nightly digging up to a dozen very deep holes. It has cost a lot of money, time and effort to put a stop to it, only just in time to open the green for the summer.

You will forgive me if I have opinion that the only good fox is a dead one.

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Meanwhile, humanity continues to destroy the earth for the fun of it, perhaps they should be culled too...

Fixes: 47

It's been said that a weed is a flower in the wrong place.

This could similarly be applied to animals like Foxes and Badgers.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Minivanman
Hero

Really @Steve ?

Let me know when and I'll be sure to comment Wink

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Minivanman
Hero

@Strat

And weeds were here before flowers, and Foxes and Badgers were quite likely before us.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

So called urban foxes were virtually unknown 50 - 60 years ago. They have come into towns because the food picking are rich (from the rubbish that is left lying around for them). And that some misguided humans think they can make pets out of a wild animal, they keep on coming back because they're being fed not because of any affinity with humans.

In the wild foxes are largely vegetarian, unless you include digging for grubs as meat.

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Anonymous
N/A

petlew wrote:

You will forgive me if I have opinion that the only good fox is a dead one.

I suspect May, IDS, Hunt et al feel much the same about the poor.

DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

I suspect many feel the same about MPs...