cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May I brag about my 3 SIM only renewal?

Mungo
Dabbler

May I brag about my 3 SIM only renewal?

I got the full AYCE plan - unlimited mins, texts, data and 30 Gb hotspot for just £19 pm o.O.

I don't even know how it happened, my jaw hit the floor when I saw it. 

I previously had AYCE mins and texts with 30 Gb capped data plus tethering for £16 pm via existing customer offers. Currently this cost £17 pm, and the full AYCE plan £31 pm via existing customer offers.

But when I logged into my 3 account and clicked on upgrade / renew plan,it offered me the full AYCE for £19pm. Otherwise you can also get it as a bolt on for the previous plan I had for £5 pm more (currently £17pm existing customer deal, plus £5 so £22 pm).

Incoming Moto E4 soon for PDA net hidden tether abuse, I'm praying this works or some firmware / bios hacking I read hints about to hide tethered use so I can skip paying for a landline and fibre internet.

Now I'm wondering if anyone has managed to get this plan for less?

3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: May I brag about my 3 SIM only renewal?

I went from pay monthly to PAYG with Three.  My monthly outlay is now about £5/month compared with the previous £19/month and I've not changed my phone habits.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Mungo
Dabbler

@AlaricAdair wrote:

I went from pay monthly to PAYG with Three.  My monthly outlay is now about £5/month compared with the previous £19/month and I've not changed my phone habits.

That's also a good way of doing it.

My initial idea was to get rid of the data and get fibre optic soon (new house). Previously they had unlimited mins and texts with 4 Gb data for £11 pm, so I would have used that for all phone needs and fibre as usual for internet.

But now I'm leaning towards the dark side of hiding my tethering use and getting that unlimited 4G for my main internet as I found out doing so is possible. Will be trying this with PDA net as soon as I get my Moto E4 today, if it doesn't work I'm within cancellation / return period still.

The middle 600 mins plans would be more than enough mins for me, but these unlimited plans via existing customer offers and renewals are much more enticing, especially if I can bypass the tether cap.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 20

@Mungo wrote:

Incoming Moto E4 soon for PDA net hidden tether abuse, I'm praying this works or some firmware / bios hacking I read hints about to hide tethered use so I can skip paying for a landline and fibre internet.

Maybe you shouldn't be bragging about circumventing / violating the terms of your 3 plan?