Did you mean: 

Mastermind

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Re: Mastermind

@gleneagles 

How about, "Because they were still serving"

These guys are supposed to set an example, but nobody should be surprised to find out they are just like the rest of us when it comes to having that last 'one for the road' (and in their case) subsidised pint

Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who somebody else is today
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Well I am old enough to remember (back in the day) when you had to fit a plug in yourself to use any new wire. Unlike this day and age when they are pre-moulded and you don't have to bother. Brown red, Green right, and Green and Yellow to Earth (yes I was ashamed I just Googled that one).

My dad used to make me fit them to try and improve my DIY skills (are still very bad) and it took me ages to do it.

He used to be naughty in his garage and where he wanted to use something which didn't have a plug, he used to put the wires over the sockets where he wanted them with another plug to something else. It worked with the device with no plug on in too.

A much younger me used to copy it and it worked. 😁

Very bad, as Queen used to say "Those were the days of our lives".

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 5

@Alex wrote:

Well I am old enough to remember (back in the day) when you had to fit a plug in yourself to use any new wire. ...

... Brown red, Green right, and Green and Yellow to Earth (yes I was ashamed I just Googled that one).

Best stay safe and not give up the day job @Alex Wink

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Post inevitable Brexit is there any reason why we cannot return to the pre 2006 colour code for 13a plugs - either that, or change them to red, white and blue.

Just a thought... as per usual. 🙂

Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who somebody else is today