cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mary had a little lamb

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Mary had a little lamb

90 to be exact, until they got stolen. Will they be found or are they lost forever? are we back in the 12th Century?

Ninety lambs have been stolen from a field beside farmland.

The lambs were in a field adjacent to Balnamoon Farm, Crossroads, Keith, when they were taken at at some time between 10pm on Saturday and 3pm on Friday.

Police Scotland has appealed for witnesses following the theft of the livestock which is valued at a low four-figure sum.   https://stv.tv/news/north/1398397-ninety-lambs-stolen-from-field-beside-farmland/

8 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: Mary had a little lamb

Meanwhile, in a seemingly unrelated incident, the local supermarket has completely sold out of its entire stock of mint sauceCheesy

Have they got the times wrong or have they really narrowed it down to some time within a week?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Steve
Seasoned Pro

I would assume it is from Sat to the Friday ( hopefully ) bit long though to go unnoticed  isn't it.

Champnet
Rising Star

Wasn't Mary Berry seen herding a flock of sheep over Tower Bridge earlier today ?

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Yes she herded 20 Sheep over it though not lambs. One comment on Facebook says they been stolen for slaughter sacrifice in time for Halloween. Some one wearing their tin foil hat I suspect.

cyrilclark1
Rising Star

This is not an issue to laugh about!

These livestock thefts occur far too often.

The affected farmers lose their income and the stolen sheep are slaughted illegally and without proper walfare.

Anyone who buys illegally sourced meat should be ashamed of themselves.

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Yes well I don't see anyone here laughing. Unless you meant the Facebook comment I stumbled upon.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

There have been a number of similar thefts in Lancashire & Cumbria with a large number of sheep taken.

To do this you would need sheep dogs and several large vehicles, so who would have the skills to do this ? One chap who was caught was ...............another Farmer !

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Well  someone ( or them most likely )  know what they are doing. This was a clever and calculated theft and I hope they get caught.