Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manners Maketh the Man

Community Veteran

Manners Maketh the Man

An Army officer wants to teach his troops table manners Wink
Table Manners
Maybe he can find a better use of his time.
3 REPLIES
TORPC
Grafter

Re: Manners Maketh the Man

I think he has the right idea tbh
As there is nothing wrong with manners & or etiquette Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

You're probably right about teaching table manners to squadies <that's no reflection on squadies, but is probably a bit lost in the NAFFI canteen>
But however, I must agree with his sentiments, manners in general are quite deplorable these days. For instance I still persist in holding doors open for women (of any age) a large percentage of the time not so much as a glance is my reward. And I must say it is the younger generation who more often than not say thank you with a worth waiting for smile.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

given that baby Rupert's need schooling in everything else I'm not surprised to here they also require lessons on etiquette beyond the basics provided at Sandhurst ....
the blokes not wrong either, when you actually work eating with your hands is disgusting, you should always use your scran spanners  Cool 
quite why people find it offensive just goes to show how stupid society is getting, rolls /sarnies etc are horrible (especially from the mess kitchen since they stopped making it fresh) the stuff is full of chemicals and always leaves you feeling ill....not surprising really though everything catering wise got "privatised" on the grounds that it would "streamline the service offered and provide better value for money for the customer"  (which means it costs 3 times as much to provide the service as it did the day before it got privatised) 
the only people who would complain about getting finger food banned are the company reps who provide the horrible chemically altered junk.....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you