Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manned Mission to Mars in 6 years

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Manned Mission to Mars in 6 years

Just a dream or a possibility.

Elon Musk's presentation here .......over an hour - skip (fast forward) the first 20 minutes

6 REPLIES
Minivanman
Hero

Re: Manned Mission to Mars in 6 years

Only a dream until it happens, nice to dream though.

Six years? More like at least ten I would have thought.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Given that he keeps blowing up rockets that are supposed to be able to land safely, I think the guy is a total pillock for thinking he can get to mars safely in just six years.

He's been trying to get this self landing rocket working for at least that long and it's still not happened. If you ask me he just likes the media attention.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Someone once said; Don't try to be a great man, just be a man, and let history make its own judgements...

In this fella's case, he's trying too hard to be greater than he is, manned missions to mars can be a reality, but at the moment, it's the equivalent of trying to beat the land speed record with a donkey & cart, we'll get there someday, maybe in our lifetime, maybe not, but we'll get there... Smiley

beeceegee
Rising Star

7up wrote:

He's been trying to get this self landing rocket working for at least that long and it's still not happened. If you ask me he just likes the media attention.

4 successful landings from 14 attempts on the barge out at sea, but 2 from 2 on land back at the Cape.

But I wouldn't want to be the first guy on top of a Falcon 9 in view of recent events! And especially not a Falcon 9 Heavy, which is three of them strapped together. That would be some bang...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Manned mission to Mars ?

I could think of a few names that could be put forward for the mission as Mars would be a better place for them.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Assuming they're unpleasant people, well, you could tell them they're off to Mars, but in reality they'd be off to bake in the sun... Grin