cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Management speak - don't you just hate it?

Bob_Milton
Grafter

Management speak - don't you just hate it?

Have a look at this item from BBC news.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7457287.stm

40. "At a large media company where I once worked, the head of human resources - itself a weaselly neologism for personnel - told us that she would be cascading down new information to staff. What she meant was she was going to send them a memo. It was one of the reasons I resigned - that, and the fact that the chief exec persisted on referring to the company as a really cool train set."
Andrew, London

43. "After a reduction in workforce, my university department sent this notice out to confused campus customers: 'Thank you for your note. We are assessing and mitigating immediate impacts, and developing a high-level overview to help frame the conversation with our customers and key stakeholders. We intend to start that process within the week. In the meantime, please continue to raise specific concerns or questions about projects with my office via the Transition Support Center..."
Charles R, Seattle, Washington, US

There are 50 examples if you have the time
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Management speak - don't you just hate it?

Community Veteran

I'm afraid we have a "Human Resources" team, where everyone is a "consultant" including the newest office junior.
Not unnaturally, they are usually referred to as the "Human Remains" team Undecided
John
maranello
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

And I thought HR meant 'Humour Removed'.
My other car isn't a Ferrari