cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Man Shot in Leg

Fixes: 47

Man Shot in Leg

Apparently there was a minor disturbance on our estate early this morning resulting in a man being taken to hospital with a gunshot wound to the leg.
The road was closed for a few hours.
I had to visit my daughter this morning and didn't get back until around 6pm.
There was still a large police presence in the area and I was searched by a police officer for weapons Shocked
I went round the estate and came back 4 times before the police officer sussed me and she sent me home Sad
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
15 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Man Shot in Leg

Quote from: Strat
I went round the estate and came back 4 times before the police officer sussed me and she sent me home Sad

Nosey parker!
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

early this morning resulting in a man being taken to hospital with a gunshot
I was searched by a police officer for weapons Shocked

So... would that have been a "shot in the dark".....   ( obviously, ... because the guy was a poor shot... and hit the leg  )... ( shot in the arm  ? ? ? ?   )
And ... regarding your last sentence...
Did she enjoy it as much as you. ?   Shocked
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: shutter

early this morning resulting in a man being taken to hospital with a gunshot

So... would that have been a "shot in the dark".....   ( obviously, ... because the guy was a poor shot... and hit the leg  )... ( shot in the arm  ? ? ? ?   )
And ... regarding your last sentence...
Did she enjoy it as much as you. ?   Shocked

Crikey shutter, you're really over analysing everything today..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

maybe it was his Achilles Heel  Smiley
Steve
Pro

There was still a large police presence in the area and I was searched by a police officer for weapons Shocked
Blimey that must of been a shock to the system, I was searched years ago, if I was searched now I would feel violated.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

You know being searched by the rozzers doesn't worry me in the slightest.
What did really upset me was back in 2010.. just rebuilt the car and it had to be VIC checked by VOSA. They don't let you watch, they don't tell you what they're doing and they say that they have the legal right to DAMAGE your car to confirm it's identity.
I felt sick for a week - I kid you not. When the bloke came to the waiting room after just a few minutes saying it was done i was in utter shock. I asked him what he'd had to damage and he said nothing - that clause was just there incase they had to pick through mud on a farmers vehicle for example  Roll eyes Although I was pleased they'd not damaged it, I never did feel quite the same way about the car again. Got it home and as murphys law would have it, someone parallel parked in front of me and hit the front of the car - that I'd just rebuilt  Angry Angry Angry
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I've lost count of the times I've been scanned at airports, then as I'd forgotten to take off my watch or something the inevitable pat down. The worst places weren't Jeddah, Karachi, Lahore, Douala or Cairo but Paris CDG. In a public concourse off with the shoes, belt and not a pleasant word. And queues round the block, then your left hopping trying to get dressed again because they don't provide any chairs  Crazy
But in your own neighbourhood Strat that's worrying, was it terror related? What have you heard since?  Shocked
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

If they stop and search you I understand they have to record it, do you get a copy of the form they complete ?
Fixes: 47

The shooting was quite genuine though.
Not terrorist action as far as we know. More like drug related.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

On security searches be careful at airports if you use the Nitro sprays to relieve angina. It can give a false positive on their explosives scanners. If for example you accidentally sprayed your boss's luggage with some of your medication just before he was flying out for a jolly in the USA....
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I was searched by a police officer....  sussed me and she sent me home Sad

Must admit I missed the subtlety there (how could I miss that?), I retract 'Nosey Parker' but I'm verging on suggesting 'Dirty Old Man'.

This reminds me of a friend of mine, at school - a good few years ago now, when asked *what do you want to be when you leave school?' would reply 'I want to be a 'filthy young fellow'', when asked for further explanation he said 'it's an 'Apprentice Dirty Old Man'' - I often wonder how he did (and admire his honesty (or sense of humour)).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

yeah,... you missed my post immediately after strat`s !..  Cheesy