cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make it into work ok?

James
Grafter

Make it into work ok?

For the third time in 3 years, I was late into work!
There was an accident on the tram in front of me so we had a bit of a standstill for 15 minutes or so.
Was anyone else badly affected?
9 REPLIES
Lurker
Grafter

Re: Make it into work ok?

Yeah, my usual 7min commute took 45mins, but I had a suspicion it might, so I left home in good time, and still arrived 5mins before I was due to start.
Fixes: 105

Fine, left home at 5:20 got the office 7:25 - about normal.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

I've kinda been late for the last 3 days!  I say kinda since we don't have exact hours we need to be in.  We just need to do our hours sometime during the day!  I tend to do too many anyway!
Phil
paulby
Grafter

I was actually early this morning. 
They had forecast 10cm of snow so I got up early only to find that the snow hadn't appeared and that the frost and ice from the last couple of days had thawed! 
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: Jameseh
For the third time in 3 years, I was late into work!

Your trams are much more reliable than London's South Eastern trains then Smiley
I think there have been 3 occasions this year where my trains have not been running at all in the morning, and I've had to work from home.
Having said that I only remember one case recently where they were really late, we have a level crossing on our line and they had technical problems with it.
I assume the automated kit had failed, and they had to let trains through manually.
Aside from the usual reasons such as signal failures, we often get people jumping under trains (and it's happened to a train I was on once).
At the moment, it's just a bit icy in London. So it'll get worse if the cold weather comes our way.
James
Grafter

When I was working in Harrow-on-the-Hill and commuting from Berkhamsted, my boss at the time would probably get at least a phonecall a month from me, even though I would always get the train before the one that should get me there on time.
And let's not talk about when I had to get a bus to Watord, a bus to Harrow/Weald and a bus to HotH because of the 2 week stint of rail maintenance in 2005.
Fixes: 47

I booked yesterday and today off work so I'm smiling Smiley
The down side is I have 2 weeks worth of holidays left and no chance of taking them Cry
Quote from: Jameseh
2 week stint of rail maintenance in 2005.

Cleaning the wrong leaves off the line James? Wink
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Fixes: 105

I love rail maintenance, just more days working at home  Cheesy
Tuesday they cancelled the frist couple of trains to London so I just went home again..
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Yep, you can just hear the disappointment in my voice when I have to ring my boss saying "I'm really sorry, but the station signs are saying - Due to power supply problems affecting all services, there are no trains from this station until further notice" Grin