cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail delivered to wrong address.

Fixes: 47

Mail delivered to wrong address.

No not email....snail mail. ( Mods don't have to move the thread )
I am sick of letters being dropped through my letterbox with almost my address on but not quite.
The address they have on is two roads away, five minutes walk but I fed up with doing the postman's job.
If it was a one off every few months...ok but it happens at least two or three times every month.
So...who is actually responsible for which house a letter is delivered to. The obvious answer is the postman but is he just delivering post as directed by someone at the sorting office who bundles mail by postcode.
I don't know for sure but someone here might.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Re: Mail delivered to wrong address.

Yes we are in the same position, there are 2 roads here with the same first name, just the "surname" is different, road & avenue. So we are always getting mail addressed to the other people.
I believe it is the sorting office at fault but  Undecided
pierre_pierre
Grafter

well until recently it was the posty who did the final route walk sort, and I have been in a sorting office and watched them, was a few years ago
Community Veteran

Our postlady does the sorting before leaving to deliver our mail.  When she's working there is never a problem but when she has a day off then sometimes letters go astray.
jmd
Grafter

I have put things back in postbox with the comment written in capitals "this does not belong at  -------- please ensure it goes where it says on envelope!!"

[I do not put my actual address on though just the blanks and it does not come back to me}