cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mag 4.1 Earthquake

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Mag 4.1 Earthquake

Has anyone read anything about the earthquake in the North Devon area last week being the result of continued flooding? (The billions of tons of water weight for a continued period of time may have some effect).
Reservoir-Induced Seismicity (RIS):
4 REPLIES
nanotm
Pro

Re: Mag 4.1 Earthquake

I read that the particular quake started out in the channel as opposed to on land but the tremors were felt inland quite some way, so whilst they can be R.I.S. based this particular one was clearly tectonic related
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

And here's me thinking the drains they are drilling under the Somerset Levels is just fracking which causes earthquakes. In reality the depth of the water is not really sufficient to trigger activity.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
nanotm
Pro

they haven't drilled anything under the levels as yet, theres a bunch of proposals in place though but if thye lower the water table then they will destroy the ecology of the area, all that's needed is to get rid of the so called experts in the E.A. and let proper practices be put back in place, that mong from the E.A. who stopped dredging and refused to replace all the old pumping stations when they were closed as being to expensive and unnecessary needs replacing with someone competent.....
a bunch of the so called flood prevention methods being proposed are just eco babble nonsense designed to appease the populace with half assed measures that will achieve diddley squat, the reason the levels flooded so dramatically for the first time in over a hundred years is because of the silt build up in all the water courses, and the sooner that problem is sorted out the better
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Thunderclap
Grafter

It's not fracking. It's not climate change. It's a fault line.