Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Madeleine McCann

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Madeleine McCann

Seems the Metropolitan Police are asking for yet more money to continue the search for this not so little girl if she is still alive. 

I don't think she is m'self, neither am I happy with way the parents conducted themselves before, during and in the years after her disappearance - but that's a personal view, as is my view that it's time to shut the door on any future funding. 

£12m to date, enough is enough. 

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Madeleine McCann

Why is this girl so much more important than other deserving cases? Is it just because the Police enjoy their "jollies" to Portugal? Look how much money was spent on the Shannon Matthews case, before it was found she had been "kidnapped" by her own mother!! Not saying the MacCanns are complicit in the disappearance, but they don't do themselves any favours either. Ben Needham also went missing 30 years ago in Greece? A cold case was opened a couple of years ago, but closed quickly soon afterwards.

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

My view is that,  whatever the reasons were for the police continuing to act over so long a time, the likelihood or Madeline being alive is either very remote. If, against the odds she is, I feel she will no longer be the same person and ties to birth parents could be almost non existent. Might revival be disturbing too?

@Marksfish  I prefer to disregard a family's importance. Surely police have to act as seem best at the time with resources available.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@Luzern 

Well sure the years have passed and Madeleine or whatever her name might be now if she is still alive, might be "disturbed" if the truth was made known to her.

Whilst accepting you cannot put the clock back, you can put the clock right and every child if asked would more likely than not want to know the truth about who they are rather than a lie. I know I would, but there again (and here I would half agree with you) who would have the right to tell her and moreover, if it was your child, would you?

Difficult.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

The McCanns have been playing everyone for years from the police to the press and the public.

They initiated this whole sorry saga in the first place and that's why so mucy money keeps being spent on them.

Every time someone talks of stopping the search they'll scream how unfair it is and raise as much publicity as possible to embarass the police and the cycle continues again. For gods sake whoever has a time machine out there go back and find out what really bloody happened please.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Many of us have mulled this over for years and we know exactly what happened. Kid left on her own and parents... well we have to be careful saying publicly what the Portuguese police think don't we, but professional publicity seekers? Most definitely.

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

Like many parents we left our babes and toddlers to dine providing there was some sort of monitoring by staff or machine.

BUT that was never abroad. We could'nt have afforded it, nor would we have taken kids of such tender years.

BTW how old would Madeline be now?

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Rising Star

I'm surprised a thread is even allowed on here mentioning Madeleine.

Try opening a thread over on Digital Spy & it gets deleted very quickly.
Same result happens with Katie Price threads to.

Highlighted
Pro

Just look who started it, who made the most defamatory comments,

And yet it is others who are accused of being disruptive if they dare to challenge

My other car isn't a Ferrari
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@PowerLee wrote:
Try opening a thread over on Digital Spy & it gets deleted very quickly.

From having been on there many years ago, nothing seems to have changed it seems... 🤣

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

@maranello wrote:

Just look who started it, who made the most defamatory comments,

And yet it is others who are accused of being disruptive if they dare to challenge

With respect in the other thread you mentioned how unfriendly this place is. You've been here since 2008 and have less than 1200 posts - or less than 100 a year. Yet you slate others who've been regular posters here as being unfriendly?

I don't really think you're in an ideal position to pass judgement on members of this forum if i'm honest with you.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Pro

@7up 

Just to clarify, are you suggesting that the measure of friendliness is related to how often one contributes, irrespective of the tone of those contributions?

My other car isn't a Ferrari