cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSE poll: How do you rate your home phone and broadband provider on customer service ?

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 3

MSE poll: How do you rate your home phone and broadband provider on customer service ?

Scroll down the page to vote (home phone section to tick , then a section for the broadband) , everybody be honest  Smiley

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Mike
13 REPLIES
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Re: MSE poll: How do you rate your home phone and broadband provider on customer service ?

Why was my post held for approval?

Results so far.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/poll/18-10-2016/how-do-you-rate-your-home-phone-and-broadband-provi...

Plusnet, I gave an OK for phone and for broadband.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Superuser
Superuser

Re: MSE poll: How do you rate your home phone and broadband provider on customer service ?

As the spam filter can work in very odd ways at times 

Mike
Community Veteran

Minivanman wrote:

Plusnet, I gave an OK for phone and for broadband.

Same here, it's okay, does the job, but, phone should have caller ID included for free and the broadband, well, losing half my upload speed going from 40/20 to 50/10, wasn't impressed at all (and I know that's BT's doing, but, I still didn't like it!), but again, does the job, just not as fast as I wanted it to be...

Fixes: 125

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Minivanman's post was released from the spam filter thus causing a duplicate post so I removed the duplicate.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Pity it's all a bit vague. Great OK Poor

Where is something more to the point like Do You Think It's Value For Money

I suspect there would be a high percentage of No to that question.

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Very true.

Not always easy to quantify value for money but from from what I observe we are paying quite a lump for access to something that they themselves do not provide - internet content. Sky and Netflix for example produce and present films and such like, Tesco's for another provide food but internet providers (and third party ones at that) do little more than provide a combination to a lock. 

Anybody else reminded of toll gates?

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

twocvbloke wrote:

losing half my upload speed going from 40/20 to 50/10, wasn't impressed at all (and I know that's BT's doing, but, I still didn't like it!), but again, does the job, just not as fast as I wanted it to be...

Oh dear.... the clue is in the numbers, methinks....    Roll eyes

Community Veteran

40Mbps Download, 20Mbps Upload, to 50Mbps Download, 10Mbps Upload,  50% of 20Mbps is 10Mbps, I.E. half the Upload is gone, putting that 10Mbps into the Download speed is not a satisfactory compromise when I like to be able to upload to youtube in a reasonably fast time, hence why I originally chose the 40/20 FTTC package...

Of course in practice, the actual figures vary when using said 50/10 service, as the upload is often between 4 and 8Mbps, as opposed to the former 12-17Mbps...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@twocvbloke Yeah... I can see what you are getting at... BUT.. what I don`t see, is why you changed...from 40/20 to 50/10  

as I said... the clue is in the numbers...

Community Veteran

Because BT wholesale dropped the 40/20 package (which was an 80/20 software-limited to 40), and replaced it with 50/10, and PN had to follow suit (with no choice!), I didn't change anything, and my only option to get the 20 Upload back is to pay an extra £5 a month which is £5 less for filling my freezer with food...

t'was on the forum y'know... Funny

Community Veteran

Should make a minor correction, it's 55/10, apparently...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

BT wholesale/openreach never offered 40/20 they only offered 40/2, 40/10 and 80/20 until recently when the introduced 55/10

The 40/20 version was a Plusnet bastardized product where they ordered 80/20 then rate limited it to 40/20 for reasons which were totally obscure at the time

Community Veteran

BT bought out Plusnet, BT dropped Plusnet's 40/20 to comply with their packages, so, it's BT's doing... Smiley

And the 40/20 made sense to me, I wanted better Upload speeds which the former ISP couldn't provide (that, and customer care!), the download was just a bonus...