cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPs' Expenses Official List

Community Veteran

MPs' Expenses Official List

The official list of MPs' expenses has been published at last.  A lot of detail has been blacked out but you can see details of your own MP if they haven't already appeared in the Telegraph.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8105227.stm
20 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: MPs' Expenses Official List

This is an alphabetically organised list showing all MPs' expenses for the past 4 years.
http://mpsallowances.parliament.uk/mpslordsandoffices/hocallowances/allowances-by-mp/
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

and it has been so heavily redacted censored that they hide more than they reveal Sky News
The publication of MPs' expenses with key information missing has been described as "the worst possible outcome", by freedom of information campaigners.
Details of MP expenses blacked out
Millions of receipts are now available for anyone to access on the Parliamentary website.
But members' addresses have been crossed out - hidden behind thick black lines - so that it is impossible to monitor their living arrangements or check which property they are claiming for.
Some receipts have been blacked out completely after MPs were given the opportunity to apply to the fees office to have certain information removed.
If an unedited version of the receipts had not been leaked to The Daily Telegraph, the practice of "flipping" would never have been revealed and MPs such as Margaret Moran and Elliot Morley may have stayed in Parliament beyond 2010.
Had it not been for former SAS officer John Wicks, who passed the information to the newspaper, Hazel Blears would never have got into trouble over capital gains tax payments and could still be in the Cabinet.
Community Veteran

Thank goodness for the Telegraph is all I can say.  We wouldn't have had any idea of the extent of the problem had it not been for their revelations.  There is no way house 'flipping' would have been discovered.
Another minister resigned yesterday because of 'flipping'.  She'd been a minister for under 2 weeks.  Needless to say, she said she hadn't done anything wrong Huh  If she hadn't done anything wrong then why resign?
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

I had absolutely no interest in MP's expenditure until i read mine online! I dont know if its a lot overall but she claimed for tv's, plants, furniture, cookers, washing machines etc etc etc  - She even claimed the full £400 p/m every month for food, no wonder she's such a fat welt ! ! !
So i emailed her, asking what she spends her actual 'salary' on? (no reply yet!)
Imagine having your full salary EVERY month to spend on luxuries, i would have more gadgets than i already have. Unfortunately i have REAL bills to pay!!!
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

They were so keen with the black pen that they covered my MP's middle name on one receipt. They forgot to do the same on another and it is on a number of websites including Wikipedia anyway!
Community Veteran

I see two faces Cameron is at it too.  He has been criticising all and sundry for abusing the system, while abusing the expenses system himself.
In a separate move, the Conservative party said its leader, David Cameron, had today written to the Commons fees office volunteering to repay £947.29 after identifying a series of overclaims.
The figure includes the £680 he had already agreed to repay for repairs to his constituency home, which including clearing wisteria and vines from the chimney, replacing outside lights and resealing the conservatory roof.
The Tory leader claimed a total of £82,450 on his second home allowance over five years.

Guardian Article
Community Veteran

You can go here to help the Guardian review the expenses claims
http://mps-expenses.guardian.co.uk/
itsme
Grafter

Looking at the claims for my MP utilities bills the total for 3 months is less than my monthly bills. As the constituency is 70 miles from Westminster is it wrong of me to jump to the conclusion that the second home in London is not used very often and it was only brought so that money can be made on the property appreciation.  Undecided
Community Veteran

Looking at 2007 My MP claimed £1600 ish for mobile phone/calls.
Community Veteran

The BBC have a very good checker on their website.  Just enter the postcode or MP's surname and it will bring up the details.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8106044.stm
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

What is sickening me the most is the fact that mine (and probably most) claimed £600 for Mortgage on BOTH homes. We are paying tax so they can gain 2 houses free of charge!
Runts!
itsme
Grafter

Was surprised to see that Pro Forma invoices are accepted without any other proof of payment.
Community Veteran

I think the way the expenses have been issued, with large parts blanked out, will turn the heat on them again.  If they thought this was dying down I think they are mistaken.
Community Veteran

I was impressed to see my MP shops for his stationary and office supplies at Costco and Argus!