cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP3

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

MP3

I hesitated to put this in "computers and hardware" as it's neither really, other than that what I need to do will no doubt be done on the PC. So if a kindly moderator thinks it fits better there, please feel free to move it.
I have 2 Samsung MP3 players a YP-K3 and a new YP-P2, I'm going to pass the fully operative K3 to my granddaughter, and use the P2 myself but, I would like to transfer the tracks currently on the K3 to the P2 before re-formatting the K3, but I can't see how to do it. Anybody know how? Or do I have to start from scratch downloading them all again?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
3 REPLIES
glyndev
Grafter

Re: MP3

when you connect them to the PC it will see them as removeable storage. Transfer from the K3 to PC then from PC to P2. Just as you would transfer fron one disc to another.
Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It depends how you added them in the first place. Some mp3 players work like USB sticks in that when you plug them in you just get a new drive to access in your My Computer (assuming this is Windows). If yours works like this, you can just drag all the files off the player into a folder on your desktop, remove the mp3 player, replace with the new one and then drag the songs back.
Some players however need their own software to move music back and forth between the player and the computer. If this is the case you will need to use the program that came with the player to move everything off one player and then back onto the other - as they are both the same make I'd assume you could use the same software to do both.
Hope that helps,
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Doh!! talk about missing the obvious, sorry for my idiocy. Of course both players show in "My Computer" as drives, and as you say making a transfer there was dead easy.
What I was unsuccessfully trying to do, was to transfer within the supplied software, which it steadfastly refused to do.
All done now, thanks again.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.