cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP's expenses

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

MP's expenses

An article in the Telegraph reports the MP's expense claims are shredded after three years for "Data Protection" reasons. I know how the HMRC would react if I allowed my company records (including expenses) to be shredded after just three years. Just another example of the disconnect between the real life in general public and the MPs.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: MP's expenses

I agree its a disgrace but out appears that they are still not listening to us despite all the uproar
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Steve
Pro

And they work for us? Disgusting shoot the lot of them!
Community Veteran

Apparently approval fro the shredding was given by the Speaker, John Bercow. He wouldn't have something to hide I suppose Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

And this kind of thing will continue to happen until enough people have had enough of it and express their frustration at the ballot box.
The Outcome of the General election will be interesting, many of those who supported the main parties for years will not bother to vote for anyone, the SNP & UKIP will collect enough seats to prevent either Labour or the Conservatives a majority resulting in a very weak government for a 5 year period............Which is of benefit to no one except the politicians themselves
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: artmo
Apparently approval fro the shredding was given by the Speaker, John Bercow. He wouldn't have something to hide I suppose Roll eyes

You pessimist!  Cheesy
(Welcome to the dark side Wink)
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Shredding
Worked for Tony.
They're all following an ex prime ministers successful example.
Fixes: 47

I have an image in my mind of loads of kids sat at benches in a large building re-assembling shredded documents.
No idea where that came from. Undecided
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

I’m not sure why this is a shredding scandal when the HMRC rules state with regard to expenses “Records must be kept for 3 years from the end of the tax year they relate to.”. Unless of course more recent records have been shredded? I am all for the rules being applied equally across the board.