Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP's Standing Down

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

MP's Standing Down

Hi All
Home Secretary Smith to step down about time this woman was got rid of !    Cheesy
Jacqui Smith is to stand down as home secretary in the cabinet reshuffle, sources close to her have told the BBC.
Prime Minister Gordon Brown is set to shake up his cabinet after Thursday's European and English local elections.

164 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: MP's Standing Down

I think you will find that she said she wanted to stand down several months ago Cool
The BBC understands that Ms Smith, 46, told Mr Brown during the Easter recess that she wanted to step down as home secretary.
Community Veteran

So Gary, what is your recommendation for her replacement?
Community Veteran

They're falling like nine pins today.  Darling and Blears have to go from the cabinet as well.  martin bell says he will consider standing against Blears.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Santiago

Whilst Gary in thinking about his nomination I'll recommend Dominic Grieve Smiley
Community Veteran

Dominic Green, who's he?
It's funny thinking about Gordon Brown's selection criteria for his new cabinet members. They are probably be going to be appointed on the basis of how clean they are in the expenses department before their ability to to the job.
Community Veteran

Sorry, typo error - I meant Dominic Grieve.  Embarrassed
pierre_pierre
Grafter

hes in the wrong party though
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Four Labour MPs caught up in the expenses scandal have been barred from standing for the party at the next general election by an internal panel
The politicians are David Chaytor, Ian Gibson, Margaret Moran and Elliot Morley.
But the four - three of whom had already announced they would stand down - have not been expelled from the party or had the whip removed.
Mr Gibson was the only one of the four who had not announced he would quit. He had said he would go if voters in his constituency wanted him to.
A Labour Party spokesman said: "The special NEC endorsements panel today unanimously recommended rescinding each of their endorsement as Labour candidates.
"They will not be able to stand as Labour candidates in any constituency at the next general election.
Sky News
Community Veteran

Quote from: pierre_pierre
hes in the wrong party though

You've missed the subtlety of my comment PP.  He's from the right party Smiley Wink
pierre_pierre
Grafter

to many far right for my liking
Community Veteran

So who would you suggest Pierre?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

well seeming as labour are still in for a while, I suppose it must be from the Labour party,  GB is hardly likely to put a Conservative in his Cabinet
Community Veteran

Quote from: Santiago

Couldn't agree more.
Meanwhile, whilst we have this current administration, it's still going to be full of those who wish to feather their own nests on our dime..
Disgusted. :mand:
Oh - and I found this post in one of my most favourite blogs, it's worth a read, seeing it from the thin blue line.
http://inspectorgadget.wordpress.com/2009/06/02/goodbye-mrs-richard-j-timney/
Community Veteran

But Pierre you still haven't given us your suggestion.  Who would you give the job to?