cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP's Expenses

Community Veteran

MP's Expenses

On Thursday there is to be another attempt by MP's to keep their expenses being made public.  A vote is to be taken in Parliament.
I have written to my MP telling him I think this is wrong and asking him how he will be voting.
If you want to put similar pressure on your MP you can contact him/her via:
http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/commons/l/
10 REPLIES
techguy
Grafter

Re: MP's Expenses

Am just mailing mine but don't expect much as she is Labour.
Fixes: 104

Hmm mines Geoffrey Robinson won't waste my time on that crook.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

I like the sites title it suggest that your MP is lost and need help to be found which come to think of it may not be far from the truth
StickyMick
Grafter

I simply love that line they all come out with. "I think we all represent very good value for money". *BURP* "MORE CAVIARRRRRRR"
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Community Veteran

Yes I saw this on the Daily Politics show earlier today.  Andrew Neil kept pressing Beckett for clarification of what was happening  but she only side stepped the issue.  Maybe Brown has been reading this thread and realised we'd caught him out Wink Wink
pierre_pierre
Grafter

dont what has changed, went back to look at the timing, I posted at 14:02 and it was updated at 14:56
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I saw this announcement from No. 10 not 30 minutes after the end of Prime Minister's Question Time. Funny how Gordon forgot to mention this U-turn!
techguy
Grafter

Heard something about this from one of the ministers on the news (not sure whether it was Beckett)
They don't think it was value for money to make all the receipts available online.
Here's an idea, equp all MPs with a scanner (but am sure most of their offices will have one) and make is compulsory that the scan and upload the receipts to a website powered by the servers meant for that stupid comms database and give us the right to reject frivilous expenses online which would then be docked from their salary if there were enough votes against.
Excellent value for money and could become a national sport.