Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

MP Sacked Over 'Nazi-Theme' Stag Party

Hi All
Just seen this:
[quote="SKY News"]
MP Sacked Over 'Nazi-Theme' Stag Party

A Tory MP who attended a stag party where guests dressed as Nazis has been sacked as a Commons aide for "offensive" behaviour and placed under investigation by David Cameron.
One of Aidan Burley's friends donned a replica SS officer's uniform and another guest reportedly toasted the "ideology and thought processes" of Adolf Hitler's regime.
Mr Burley had expressed "deep regret" at the "inappropriate" actions of guests, including toasts to the Third Reich, as they partied at a French ski resort.
But he was removed from his post as a parliamentary private secretary (PPS) to Transport Secretary Justine Greening after fresh allegations were made linking him to the behaviour.
The Mail on Sunday, which exposed the party a week ago, said it had evidence that Mr Burley was aware of what was planned as he had hired the Nazi uniform worn by his friend.
A Conservative Party spokesman said: "Aidan Burley has behaved in a manner which is offensive and foolish.
"That is why he is being removed from his post as Parliamentary Private Secretary at the Department for Transport.
"In light of information received the Prime Minister has asked for a fuller investigation into the matter to be set up and to report to him."
Mr Burley issued an "unreserved, wholehearted and fulsome apology" over the party in a letter to the Jewish Chronicle earlier this week.
In the letter, the Cannock Chase MP said he wished he had left the stag party.
"What was happening was wrong and I should have completely dissociated myself from it. I had a choice, and I made the wrong choice not to leave. I apologise for this error of judgment."
John Woodcock MP, chair of Labour Friends of Israel and shadow transport minister, responding to the sacking of Mr Burley, said: "It speaks volumes about David Cameron's judgement that he dithered for a week before taking action against his MP.
"People will rightly conclude he was more concerned with avoiding another round of bad stories than the gross offence caused by this repugnant behaviour.
"Now Aidan Burley must confirm whether it is true that he actually hired the SS uniform worn by his friend, as claimed today.
"Evidence that he was actually at the centre of events would be at odds with his apology claiming he failed to walk away from the party when he realised what was happening, and would leave him with extremely serious questions to answer."
33 REPLIES
TheIslander
Grafter

Re: MP Sacked Over 'Nazi-Theme' Stag Party

pierre_pierre
Grafter

its been BBC news a bit longer  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-16234529
18 December 2011 Last updated at 13:11
MP Aidan Burley sacked after 'Nazi' party guest photo
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quite right he deserves to be sacked.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

@The Islander, You need to be logged in to see that page, but yes I did see your link to SKY News on:  the phoenix broadband advice community
Community Veteran

Quote from: gleneagles
Quite right he deserves to be sacked.

Why does he deserve to be sacked?
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

@Oddball, Because 'Nazis costume are a insult to the world.
Community Veteran

He was a silly boy and should have known better.
itsme
Grafter

So what other uniforms can't be worn to a costume party?
Community Veteran

I know what you are saying itsme but in his position it was a little bit silly of him not to have thought through the issues involved.
Community Veteran

He wasn't wearing the uniform, but happened to sit next to the guy who wore one... guilt by association?  So far as I know there is no law in the UK that proscribes the wearing of such a uniform.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

You're right, he wasn't wearing the uniform but still stupid in his position.  Apparently Ed Balls has actually worn the uniform at a party Huh
Community Veteran

It just seems to me that these days anyone who is involved in anything not "PC" gets hung out to dry.
So the guy went to a party and had his photo taken stood next to someone dressed in a Nazi costume, so what?
What would have been the outcome if the same person he was stood next to was stark naked.
It is all bollocks, there are much more important things to worry about these days.
Dick:red Avoidance of swear filter edited as per forum rules
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

If you ever go to Poland take a trip to this place & you will then understand why many people get upset at people prancing around in Nazi uniforms and thinking it funny,
Auschwitz
Auschwitz was the largest Nazi concentration camp in German-occupied Europe. Here the Germans carried out their planned genocide, i.e. extermination of entire nations, mainly Jews and Poles. The number of victims is difficult to establish to this day – most probably about 1,100,000 people of 28 nationalities perished in the Auschwitz-Birkenau camps. The majority of them were Jews transported from various countries.
Fixes: 47

A single word answer was all that was really needed gleneagles......
Auschwitz Sad
It says it all.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation