cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOT Certificate

Community Veteran

Re: MOT Certificate

Talking of discrimination, last week I place an advert at the Job Centre. I emailed them the job spec for the position which included the term  "minimum 12 months experience"
The following day I had a phone call from a nice lady at the Job Centre who told me I could not use this expression "minimum 12 months experience" as it would discriminate against people who did not have a minimum 12 months experience. It had to be changed to "relevant proven experience". All the people who applied had no relevant proven experience and none were suitable even to interview.
The position remains unfilled.
Ellis
Grafter

When I phoned the job centre to ask for a  decorator, I told them I didn't want any rubbish. I didn't hear anything for weeks. Then one day a chap turned up, said he'd been sent by the job centre. He was a good decorator and worked for me for many years. He was new to our area (moving from London) after I closed my business, he started his own in a town where he lived about 12 miles away. He has been very successful. It gives me great satisfaction to know that.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Hairy
They probably had issues troubles finding more n-pin printers now. That and multi-part paper are so 1980's  Cheesy
It always amazed me seeing my bike MOT printed on an old Epson FX85 (recall them?)

Dot matrix printers are still available but are pricey, but it's surprising how many are still in use in businesses every day.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

I think the main advantage of dot matrix printers is that they can still take a long feed of paper rather than individual sheets.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
itsme
Grafter

also dot matrix, impact printers, will be used if a carbon copy is needed. Which are used by some building merchants.
VileReynard
All Star
Fixes: 11

You can get carbonless paper for impact printers you know.  Smiley

itsme
Grafter

and the copy is called a carbon copy  Tongue
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

NCR (No Carbon Required) Paper - the coatings it uses is nasty stuff.  Japan treats it as hazardous waste.
Dot Matrix printers are still available, Epson is one of the big suppliers. Mostly the reason is multi-part forms using continuous feed NCR paper. For example these printers are found in garages, warehouses
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.