cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MODERATOR Please look: Unfair early closure of the competition!

Stonedancer
Dabbler

MODERATOR Please look: Unfair early closure of the competition!

Hi, I'm gutted! I have spend all week going through my photos and asking all my friends and families opinions about which photos to subit, fully aware of the cut off date. 
I work all day and could only submit my photos at lunch time.
Your own terms and conditions mention nothing of a mid day cut off. Acording to your own rules I and a colegue of mine (another F9 customer) who wishes to enter have another 11 hours!!!!
http://community.plus.net/comms/2007/07/18/209
Please please please reconsider. Not a good start to my first use of your new community site.  Not good community spirit to change the rules on people.
Regards
Nathaniel
15 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Re: MODERATOR Please look: Unfair early closure of the competition!

The rules actually stated that the competition would be run until Friday 24th.  This would actually imply that the competition would be shut at midnight (ie: 13 hours ago).  We gave an extra 12 hours grace.
You also posted directly after the message that stated that the competition had now closed.
Community Veteran

I would also interpret the dates as inclusive so would assume its the end of 24th.
perhaps it should be made clearer in future by specifying a time or usinmg the work exclusive or inclusive.
i.e. 27th May 2007 0900 to 23rd Aug 2007 2359
Stonedancer
Dabbler

Sorry my interpretation of "between this day and that day" is different to Plusnet.  Everybody in my office agrees.  For example If you say you can use a voucher between monday and friday you don't think of only tuesday to thursday!  Come on Plus net don't be pedantic.
Lets say you're right. If you say "between the 30/07/07 and 24/08/07" means the days themselves aren't included mentioned aren't included then you have to remove about 25 entries that were posted on the 30/07/07.
I didn't see that last post saying the competition was over because at the start of the topic I just hit "post". I last looked early this morning and all was find
I'm only getting stressed over this because I've spend so much time preparing and asking peoples opinions. Sure I probably won't win and people on the forum may not even like my photos but it's the pricipal.
I have a colleague who wanted to enter too and  is about ready to cancel their f9 account because of this "between" misunderstanding.
I work in an IT department who support lots of home workers and for 8 years I've always recomended F9 to them. Please don't dissmiss me now after all that loyalty.
Regards
Nathaniel
P.S. Just read your post PJ and thanks for making me feel sane.  
James
Grafter

We've spoken with the voting team and we'll accept your and your friends photo's if they are in sharpish.
Chris is just unlocking the other thread.
Stonedancer
Dabbler

Quote from: James
We've spoken with the voting team and we'll accept your and your friends photo's if they are in sharpish.
Chris is just unlocking the other thread.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I am doing mine now and my colleague will do his very soon. He'll be back from a meeting in a 10 minutes.
I think we've all learned something. I need to not leave things until the last day and competition rules need to be clearer.
Cheers
Nathaniel
James
Grafter

I need to not leave things until the last day and competition rules need to be clearer.

Yep, granted.
Stonedancer
Dabbler

Hi, Me and Ian are done. I hope that nobody else comes home from work to upload their photos.  Sad
Many thanks
Nathaniel
holdtight
Grafter

I missed it too but its my own fault for not just getting it done
I'm not gonna get in a flap or lose any sleep over it though  Wink
Good luck to all those that did get their piccies in on time there's some good
stuff it will be very hard for the judges to choose unless of course the
cash incentives were not also late  Grin
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

We only choose the top 10, it's down to you customers to decide the ultimate winner!
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
holdtight
Grafter

I know mate i will be sure to get my vote in and i do accept paypal  Wink
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Lol, I wish I could have entered. A nice new camera would have been good Cheesy
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Good on PlusNet for accepting the entry.
Like the OP, I would also have interpreted the dates as inclusive.
Jeni
Grafter

i did interpret the dates as inclusive, just come home from a day out with my kids, look on the thread to upload photos to see that its now closed. gutted Sad
Community Veteran

I've got to agree.  If you see a sign saying that something is available Monday to Friday, you know that's week days, yes?
John