cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MJ...This is it

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

MJ...This is it

Just watching on Sky Movies (because SWMBO wanted to see it) the Michael Jackson "This is It" documentary produced a short while after his death. Its no secret I'm not an MJ fan and never was. But my over-riding thought left by the programme is; what a bunch of boot-licking sycophants he was surrounded by, no wonder he (and others) thought he was immortal.
Ughh!!
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: MJ...This is it

Isn't it often the case with 'famous' people.  They surround themselves with people who tell them what they want to hear, particularly how great they are.
To be fair I must say that I enjoyed his music and thought he was a creative performer.
Fixes: 125

I always preferred his earlier stuff (Ben, She's Out Of My Life, Billie Jean, Thriller) up to and including the album Thriller. I liked a few of his later tracks but not in the same way.
Never understood why so-called stars are put on a pedestal and reverred like demi-gods. They still have to sit on the toilet with their pants round their knees Cheesy
They're no better than you, me or the neighbour just have a talent and/or luck!

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

randpwar
Grafter

Nobody here needs me to tell them that Jack Michaelson (think that was his name) led an absolutely bizarre life but I’m with artmo, I think he was very creative; though he did lose me in his latter songs