Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M&S Voucher Offers.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

M&S Voucher Offers.

For some reason there seems to be a fair few of these kicking around and mine was the offer of a £15 one if I put a long standing mortgage protection policy I have with Aviva on-line.

It runs out anyway next year but without going into details, I had to chase them up after nothing was received after a month - only now it has been received, its only for £10.

A tenner is better than a poke in the eye I know, but are they running some sort of mini scam here?

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
10 REPLIES
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: M&S Voucher Offers.

yes its scamming Sad like john lewis broadband offer ,  that bundles a “free” Lenovo IdeaPad 120S (81A4005PUK) laptop PC.

sounds nice untill you read a bit more "The offer will be available to order until 22nd May 2018  or until the computers run out.

Yes bet they only have 10 Cheesy

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 6

yes its scamming Sad like john lewis broadband offer

@rongtw Not sure how you have come to the conclusion that the JLB laptop offer is a scam? if they run out of laptops before the end date,  the promotion will end, how is that a scam?

Mike
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Well it's a scam if for example a thousand customers were going for a deal when only 100 laptops were available?

They have come unstuck with these though. Anybody remember that 'buy a washing machine get a free flight' fiasco Grin

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@ITWorks yes its a Con , they are suggesting sign up and get a free laptop Shocked but they dont say how many laptops available ? , so if you sign up after they have all gone you get nothing ?  but you still have switched ISP  which you may have not done except for the fact you were expecting a free laptop

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 6

As the laptop forms part of the contract, if you sign up and they run out, i would expect the customer to be contacted and the contract/activation to be cancelled before going live. 

Mike
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Assuming you've read those three pages of small print or, if it's an offer on TV, you can catch either the rapid fire verbal cop-out or those all to brief terms and conditions at the bottom of the screen. 

We've all been there Roll eyes

Luzern
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Only Toby Jugs buy on the back of special offers. Buy on purchase being the right one for you, is what I say.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Ah, but weren't those loaves and fishes a special offer Wink

Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

People put too much faith in what they read or hear despite the lack of evidence.

Most people, the young in particular, are gullible but only by learning the hard way do we become more cautious about what we are prepared to believe.

Luzern
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

@Minivanman wrote:

Ah, but weren't those loaves and fishes a special offer Wink

Indeed a humble one by the boy, John 6 v8, but then a very special one; not "while stocks last", but "while stocks inccrease, John 6 v11-12

8Another of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, spoke up, 9“Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish, but how far will they go among so many?”
============================================================================

11Jesus then took the loaves, gave thanks, and distributed to those who were seated as much as they wanted. He did the same with the fish.

12When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.” 13So they gathered them and filled twelve baskets with the pieces of the five barley loaves left over by those who had eaten

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.