cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lovely morning

randpwar
Grafter

Lovely morning

Took this whilst walking the dog in the fields across the road about 7.30 this morning. Just thought it was a nice view with the mist added to the scene with the trees beginning to turn
16 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Lovely morning

A very atmospheric photo and I bet it felt good.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
James
Grafter

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 4

It was pretty cold waiting for the Supertram this morning!

4.2oC at 6.55am so pretty chilly in Sheffield this morning.
randpwar
Grafter

It's the contrast of colours at this time of year that looks (and strat you're right, feel) so good.
The field in my post does slope but not quite at the angle in the photo, sorry about that but I'm no expert snapper....and it was taken on my phone  Embarrassed..........................No idea where the dog was at this point, think he had an urgent job to attend to  Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: Kelly
Supertram

Oi!
Here's your old chum 7up / sprite a big fan of anything engineered and you've never once mentioned this before - or posted photos!
Seriously trams.. how cool are they eh? Busses on rails?! I knew they still existed in a few rare places but never realised you had them in yorkie. Thats seriously cool!
In some towns that had trams decades ago they still have the tram lines under the tarmac. I was talking to a guy from the waterboard once and he said they dig through all sorts of stuff from their own pipes, leccy cables, satellite tv, tram lines... I was like  Shocked when he said that and he said that when the trams were taken out of service many councils found it cheaper just to tarmac over the rails rather than take them up.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 4

Just down the road from PN Headoffice

and this is them replacing the rails right outside the PN head office (building on the right with the row of bulging windows)

5 mins walk from my house to the tram stop, 15mins on the tram to right outside the office Cheesy
I love the Supertram...
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

I used to drive through the Chatsworth Estate in Derbyshire, home of Chatsworth House, early in the morning some days.
It was invariably misty at this time of year, with the sun breaking through a cloudless Blue Sky, with Deer all around grazing on the grass.
Wonderful.
randpwar
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
4.2oC at 6.55am so pretty chilly in Sheffield this morning.

Northern softies.....still not using my gloves to cycle to work..........randpwar runs away!!
James
Grafter

I remember when the tram used to go past my house.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Kelly
Just down the road from PN Headoffice

and this is them replacing the rails right outside the PN head office (building on the right with the row of bulging windows)

5 mins walk from my house to the tram stop, 15mins on the tram to right outside the office Cheesy
I love the Supertram...

That is seriously cool!
There are also some guided busses somewhere in the country that run on a disused railway line - they have special guidance things that use the kerb stone to steer them. Can't remember where but they then come off the road/track and drive around the city like normal vehicles. Very clever stuff!
@James I had a tain carriage go past my home once on one of those special train low-loader things. The entire place shook but it was a sight I'll never forget lol.
James
Grafter

It's *meant* to go past my house, but they've been digging up the rails for the last 4 months.
By digging up the rails, what I actually mean is one person does some work and 15 others watch him.
It's a bit of a touchy subject.
Community Veteran

Oh you mean like this lol (sure you've seen it before):

Sounds about right these days. It's crazy..

They missed one out...security and crowd control. Wink