cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LoveFilm Salesmen

Fixes: 47

LoveFilm Salesmen

I haven't had these before but door to door salespeople are working my area selling Lovefilm subscriptions.
As I am an Amazon customer I knew all about Lovefilm and said I wasn't interested.
He said it would only take a minute and when I said I don't sign for things at the door he said..."Oh..we can come in and do it on your computer"
Oh yeah....sure you can Roll eyes Thanks and goodbye.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
13 REPLIES
snozboz
Grafter

Re: LoveFilm Salesmen

Dodgy or what!  Smiley
I have a LoveFilm subscription, and love it.  But I wouldn't let a cold caller in to my house, let alone touch my computer.  If they had visited me, I'd be inclined to email LoveFilm (support@lovefilm.com) - if they're legit, then LoveFilm should know it's not acceptable, and if they're not legit, then it's in LoveFilm's interests to know about them to try and stop them.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Strewth! The salesmen have migrated  Double Glazing->Solar Panels->LoveFilms
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Some of these salesmen are illiterate, I have a large notice on my front door which clearly states NO salesmen, free newspapers etc but despite that they still knock or post rubbish through the letter box.
Perhaps I should get a dog with big teeth
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I saw a one a while back who came equipped with a tablet computer (clearly trying to use it to pay for itself). I told them no thanks and got a look and tone of voice of sheer disgust to my response. The cheek!  Angry
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
itsme
Grafter

I don't speak, just close the door.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Are they legit ones though?
Probably Photoshopped a fake ID and are more than happy to come in, to alleviate you of a few belongings.

Email response from LoveFilm
Dear Richard,
Thank you for your email.
We do have door to door sales teams that promote the LOVEFiLM service.
They should carry I.D with them with a phone number to call to verify their credentials. If you have any concerns regarding this form of sales, please let us know but otherwise I can verify that these promotions are operating in the Sheffield area.
I apologise for the inconvenience and should you have any other queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Quote from: itsme
I don't speak, just close the door.

I wish I could do that but it's just not me Lips are sealed
It's a bit like hanging up when I get a cold call.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Alex
Are they legit ones though?
Probably Photoshopped a fake ID and are more than happy to come in, to alleviate you of a few belongings.

The one I saw didn't have any ID. There was a time when companies used to insist you wear your ID at all times. These days fewer and fewer staff seem to respect that rule. The last few meter readers I've seen haven't worn it either.
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: Sprite
The last few meter readers I've seen haven't worn it either.
Don't start me on meter readers as they are my pet hate.
I now have a rule that they are allowed access once a year preferably by appointment  Roll eyes
The rest of the time I, in common with most others, submit readings on line. Some of the reasons the readers give to try and gain access are quite amusing.
Community Veteran

They annoy me a bit too. They just turn up randomly, demand to come in to read the meter (whether or not its convenient) and then if you don't answer the door they start putting cards through and pestering you every day. Not once a week but every day which I think frankly is overkill.
Our two meters are a bit of a pain to get to aswell but they insist they must be quick and refuse to even let me get things out of the way for them. which only makes the situation worse as they end up shoving things around etc and leaving me with a mess to sort out.
Think I might try that idea of by appointment..
itsme
Grafter

or get Smart meters fitted.
nadger
Rising Star

British Gas fitted new gas meter earlier this year but was old type. Our gas meter is in detached garage and I read it every month as am on Energy Smart.
Meter readers round here work for contract company which means they probably don't get paid when I decline access.