cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lottery???

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Lottery???

In the televised lottery draws the machines are overseen by an "independent" adjudicator.
Independence implies:
he/she doesn't work for the BBC
he/she doesn't work for Camelot
he/she doesn't work for the company that makes the machines or the balls
he/she or their families don't purchase lottery tickets
Uhmmm!!
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
27 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Lottery???

Funny you should post about that Petlew.....
have you noticed the pillock that uses both hands and a lot of effort to press on the "electronic" button
(as if he/she is weilding the mallet at a fairground show to ring the bell with the most effort obtainable).....
Then the "independent" adjudicator puts his hand behind the machine and switches it on..... EVERY TIME !! ! Sad Cool Roll eyes
Fixes: 47

He's probably removing the numbered balls his mate hasn't picked Angry
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

No, Strat..... it is probably my numbers that he is making disappear.....  Cry  Cry  Cry

It just makes me laugh, when I see them putting all that effort into making an electrical contact, that (probably) doesn`t even do anything, except "con" the viewing public....  Shocked
Fixes: 47

It's all show biz Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Just be thankful that the Lottery programme is currently what it should be: that is, just the draws, rather than some awfully protracted game show like they always used to force down the viewing public.
Community Veteran

Well it wasn't right tonight, the 2nd Thunderball machine broke down!!

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Be3G
Just be thankful that the Lottery programme is currently what it should be.

Which brings me to another Lottery show point; That terrible, preening camp berk; Dale Winton, and his dreadful Lottery quiz. Talk about a padded out show!! if he stopped prattling on, and the even worse contestant's (where on earth do they get them) just answered the questions, the whole show could be over in 10 minutes...

Community Veteran

Makes you wonder who watches that sort of c...  (oops! petlew posted that last point ! ! Lips are sealed Embarrassed Lips are sealed)
Community Veteran

Quote from: shutter
Then the "independent" adjudicator puts his hand behind the machine and switches it on..... EVERY TIME !!

You mean...Oh no...you mean...the big red button doesn't actually do anything, and there was me thinking all these years, that an exam or test had to be passed to get that right!!

Community Veteran

Makes you wonder who watches that sort of c...

Not in any meaningful way, it's about the time I begin to catch up with the forums, but it's sometimes on waiting for the draws.

Community Veteran

Just make a point of watching carefully, next time you watch the lottery/thunderball/dream number draws.... You will see the "berk" out front, full of self importance, and full of sprouts and wind, pick themselves up, put lots of "showmanship" into the effort, both hands crossed as though doing the heart massage to a heart attack patient, then a millisecond later, the other  berk "independent" adjudicator, reaches behind the machine, and flicks a switch to make it go ! !    Cheesy  (just like this smiley  CheesyGrin
jmd
Grafter

, full of self importance, and full of sprouts and wind,

how do you know he has eaten sprouts? Huh Huh
Community Veteran

Well, where else would he/she get all that wind from to keep spouting so much rubbish about nothing anyone wants to hear about..... all we want is the numbers. Cheesy preferably MINE!  Cheesy
P.S. the capitals were not intended to be "shouting" just a way of adding emphasis .....
Community Veteran

Shutter, I know it's a new month, but you're rapidly using up your quota of smiley's. If you ask the moderators nicely, since I don't use many, perhaps they'll let you have some of mine.