Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost something insignificant but can't think what's it called

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 8

Re: Lost something insignificant but can't think what's it called

I get to go to a place and make a turn as if destined elsewhere, and need detour to get to actual goal.

How did I get here can be quite alarming. One night years back I had been working from 8.30 to 11 at night.

I must have been tired, as I could not remember anything oftravelling from the Blackwall Tunnel along the A2 to near Bexley Heath, some 9 miles. Scary!

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Yes, I think it has to do with not really taking in your surroundings as it's so familiar to you it doesn't register in the brain.

On the other hand, I can drive to somewhere I haven't been but once for donkey's years and remember my way round quite intricate turns and junctions. SWMBO often asks how, and I really can't answer that.

For instance, a couple of months ago we were driving about on the south coast. I don't know if you're familiar with the Pagam Beach holiday home estate, many of which were and a few still are made up of disused railway carriages. I went with a friend of mind to his parent's place there in the late 1960's, just once. with nothing much to go on I succeeded in finding the address with nothing to go on but vague memories and remembered land-marks. 

But I sometimes can't remember where I left the TV remote.

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 8

Case often of, "we're not lost; we just don't know where we are", me thinks!

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I find myself often thinking about the hereafter;

I walk into a room and wonder what I'm here after...