cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost in translation...

Fixes: 124

Lost in translation...

SWMBO will be here when the washing machine man comes round to drop the report off and collect the fee for it.
I told her to make sure the invoice is with the report so we can send to Argos to claim the fee for the report back from them.
What invoice how does that work? How do we get his voice to Argos. SWMBO was hearing my words as "get the report in voice" Grin Cheesy Grin
Has anyone else got tales of misunderstandings in translation?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

4 REPLIES
TORPC
Grafter

Re: Lost in translation...

Do not get me started on tis subject
ISP's / Banks are the worst for misunderstanding what has been said to them, even in black & white they misunderstand / misconstrue what is in front of them
Fixes: 47

My wife used to say fork and knife.
It took me ages to get her to say knife and fork.
With her accent the former could easily be misinterpreted by the listener Embarrassed
I'll say no more.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Fixes: 124

Quote from: TORPC
Do not get me started on tis subject
ISP's / Banks are the worst for misunderstanding what has been said to them, even in black & white they misunderstand / misconstrue what is in front of them

But in this case SWMBO didn't know the word 'invoice' existed so just assumed I meant two separate words Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

TORPC
Grafter

Upon receipt, of your last post, I see where you were driving to Tongue   Cheesy Wink