Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Treats

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Re: Lost Treats

Well this is certainly one of the nicest topics we've had.

No bickering about Brexit, no moaning about motorists (or those lovely cyclists) - and no pokes at Plusnet. As for religion or politics, who needs it when we have nostalgia!

It's nice to be nice for a change. :smiley:

Fixes: 319

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Duplicate post removed..

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 69.0.3 (64-bit)

Life is tough enough without adding Linux into the mix.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 43

@Minivanman - Ah but nostalgia isn't what it used to be!

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

@MKSlinky  I think all the cola drinks are as gut-rotting as each other; and yes, I like Pepsi, too.

@petlew  Perhaps the "mildly drug related" ingredient was Spanish Fly, the clue being in the name Spanish Wood.

There was a warning a couple of years ago not to give children too much liquorice; I can't remember the reason given, but I know liquorice is on the list of causes of high blood pressure.

I remember the Old Jamaica bar although it wasn't one of my favourites, the Cabana on the other hand I thought was very tasty but I'd forgotten all about it until I saw the picture in MKSlinky's post.

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Much prefer liquorice root myself. We had this quite a lot as kids. I was surprised to read on the Bassetts box that Allsorts are liquorice flavoured so presumably little or no liquorice in them. No doubt the other ingredients are the cause of your tummy troubles.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

What with all the false flavours and suspicious colouring that has no doubt gone into confectionary over the years I'm surprised half of us are still here. Jeepers, we must have swallowed some garbage!