Lost Treats

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Lost Treats

@Strat

Well, they do eat bird spit in some countries AKA 'Birds Nest Soup'

@Mook

Well blow me down and knock me sideways, you're right! Maybe that's why they withdrew it for fears of coke addiction?!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

We've had sweet tobacco (lovely) mentioned and of course there were also packets of sweet cigarettes but were there any more "non pc" sweets?

I used to like Jamboree Bags mainly for the lick on tattoos.

Community Veteran

@billnotben wrote:

and of course there were also packets of sweet cigarettes

I forgot about them, I remember them being removed from sale because apparently eating sticks of a chocolate-flavoured "stuff" would apparently make kids take up smoking, because every smoker eats their cigarettes, of course... Funny

Well, unless you're Craig Charles that is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_0xaOQWg6I

Crazy2

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

@billnotben

Weren't Jamboree bags the coolest thing ever back then?! I loved those tattoos Thumbs Up

It's odd you mention the sweet cigarettes, I liked those too but as you say they eventually got withdrawn. Well I can tell you they do still exist in a new form.., I recently was prescribed Adcal Chewable Calcium Carbonate with Vitamin D tablets (fruit flavour) they taste exactly like them. I wouldn't describe these as fruit flavour though, the first thing I thought of when I popped one in my mouth was those sweet cigarettes.

Shame they didn't make them taste like grass, I'd enjoy taking those! Cheesy

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

Now I remember the ones you mean, at first I thought you had a poor memory but yes I do remember the chocolate ones. They were a little thinner than the ones I referenced above and had a paper sleeve a little like a Rizla paper, I was never sure whether to eat that bit, it didn't taste nice.

There were some other ones too which resembled a real cigarette complete with filter, you had to peel those to reveal a banana flavour chew stick inside. I preferred the chocolate ones to be honest.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

@Mav wrote:

Used to love Club biscuits as one end always had a lot more chocolate than the other. Last time I bought one a couple of years ago I was disappointed.

If you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit join our... 20-teens version which has so much less Cheesy

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 8

Coke in the old glass bottles tasted better I think.

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

@Jonpe

Nah.., it's Pepsi all the way for me fella.Thumbs Up Besides I've heard Coke can make your rot your tummy!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Seeing the reply earlier for Frys Chocolate Cream. reminds me they used to do a five flavour version that I was very fond of, but can't remember what it was actually called. The lime bit was my favourite.

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

@MKSlinky wrote:
Besides I've heard Coke can make your rot your tummy!

It'll stain your stomach brown too, according to old wives' tales, though to be honest, I'd be more concerned about seeing the inside of my stomach than worry about what colour it was... Funny

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

@petlew - It was quite original in the name and called the Fry's Five Centre. Wink

Community Veteran

Oh yes, so it was thank you Mook; orange, lime, strawberry, lemon and ? don't think it was the same as the chocolate cream, but might have been.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

@petlew - Pineapple, if memory serves me right. Was there a lemon? I'm sure it was Raspberry, no?

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

@Mook

"It was quite original in the name and called the Fry's Five Centre"

Were they the one's known as 'Fry's Five Boys' and all with different expressions?

Community Veteran

It may well have been Mook, far too long ago for these grey cells to remember such details. Pretty sure there was a yellow one, whether it was lemon or pineapple I don't know. I think one of the segments was white, this might have been lemon. I think a number of makers used white in lemon flavourings rather than yellow.